Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik OAG  (Read 4596 times)

sazam91

Atik OAG
« on: September 10, 2013, 06:42:27 am »
I purchased the Atik OAG and was wondering if anyone is using it with an Orion SSAG and whether or not it will work well with it. Do I need any special adapters to attach the SSAG to the OAG?

Thanks.
Sal

MikeM

• myastroimages.com
Re: Atik OAG
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »
Hi Sal, since no one answered this I will attempt to. I'll start by saying I do not use SSAG; I use an ST-i with my OAG. Having said that from what I have read, the SSAG should be able to screw onto the OAG without any special adapters since they both use t-threads. Therefore it should be able to just screw onto the top of the OAG. The OAG does come with 3 different t-thread spacers for the top so you will have to try and see which one or combos of would bring you to focus.
I cannot comment on the SSAG itself since I don't use one nor know anyone who has. Hopefully someone on here can chime in on how good of an autoguider it is.
Hope this helps.
Clear Skies!!
Mike

FSQ106N - AT8RC
G-11

sazam91

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:54:27 pm »
Mike,

I did some more research and noticed that the SSAG has a t-thread where the nose piece is attached. I shouldn't have an issue when it comes to mounting it but as far as sensitivity goes, I'll have to find that out once I receive it.

I really appreciate all the replies!

Thanks,
Sal

bluexiii

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 04:58:39 pm »
Sal,
 Do you have an update by chance about the SSAG being compatible with the Atik OAG? The T-Threads seem kind of small on the SSAG compared to the threads on the OAG...I was looking into getting it but have no idea if it works. Thanks.

Zach

b1063n

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 02:43:19 pm »
Hi, I was currently considering to do the same.

So did it worked? Was the SSAG sensitive enough?

Greets
Luis