Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Titan Mono start up help.  (Read 8371 times)

patthehorse

Titan Mono start up help.
« on: September 23, 2013, 08:16:20 pm »
Hi Ive a problem with my new Titan Mono, I can't get it to work. I've done everything according to the quick start guide as there's no other supplied, and I've removed the lens cap on both camera and scope lol.
When I start up Artemis capture all I get is the black screen and green rectangle but an absense of stars blurred or otherwise. Last night I was focused on Mirphak and Capella when it had risen. still nothing on my puter screen. I also focused on the bright moon but Artemis still showed only a black screen. I didn't play around with the settings as the quick start advised leaving them as they are to get started. I'm only using the cables supplied with the Titan.
During today I tried to get a daytime image with the same results a black screen. It seems to me that Artemis is not recognising the camera and therefore is not recieving any images. Do I need to turn the camera on somehow other than plugging it into the power tank and puter?
The dropdown box in Artemis labelled camera shows a disconnect box so it seems the camera is attached. Do I need to have the disc supplied with the camera in the puter? I've downloaded from this so all the gubbins are on the hard drive but does the camera still need the disc to work. Unfortunately The weather is now cloudy for the next few days so no night time viewing. Any advise is gratefully recieved.
Regards
Pat.

NickK

Re: Titan Mono start up help.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »
Hi I have a Titan mono too :) (although on Apple OS X). You'll need to install the windows drivers on the disk that came with it.

I would try attaching it to a USB 2.0 powered hub and plug in a 12V power to start with and simply point the camera at a light. If the camera is attached, then next step is try setting the exposure time to 5 seconds and check if the camera image goes white.

The Titan will work without the 12V being attached (the 12V powers the cooling and fan).
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

patthehorse

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »
I've downloaded the drivers on the disc. The fan works from me power tank I'll set it up in me front room and use light bulb as suggested, I will return.

patthehorse

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 10:49:00 pm »
Set it up in me front room ran artemis and held camera under a light and nothing on the screen which is the problem. I use f1 to do a snapsot when I know me scope is pointed at the moon but in artemis I get no image from the snapshot to even start focusing the camera just a black screen.
This is so frustrating as the manual makes it seem a simple step to a 1st picture.

NickK

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 06:52:40 am »
Hi, there are two parts of software:
1. The camera "driver" that is required by windows to understand how to talk to the camera.
2. Artemis Capture - this is the software application that will then talk via the drivers to the camera

I'm not sure but it sounds like you need to install the camera drivers.

patthehorse

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 08:37:37 pm »
Took it back to the shop. The Guy tried it out there and found a problem with it. It's back in the hands of Atik. Seems one of the chips connectors is not connecting. So glad there's an explanation to this. Should get it back next week.
Thanks all for the replies.                                                                 

NickK

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:41:26 pm »
Good you got it sorted :)