Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK 383L+ Will not work remotely using ICRON Ranger  (Read 8760 times)

raygjones

ATIK 383L+ Will not work remotely using ICRON Ranger
« on: February 27, 2012, 07:00:07 pm »
My ATIK 383L+ is not able to communicate with ArtemisCCD, MaxIM DL or CCD soft using the USB extension system ICRON Ranger 2204.   All my other USB hardware including cameras work fine with the ICRON system.
 The computer recognizes the ATIK as a USB controller,  but the PORT and hub #'s change when shifting from direct USB to camera ; to using the ICRON hardware.   The ICRON hardware basically takes the USB input and changes it to Ethernet series 5 wire for long distance transmission and then reconverts to USB for connection to the computer.

Has anone else had this problem, and is there a fix??

billpellerin

Re: ATIK 383L+ Will not work remotely using ICRON Ranger
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:26:37 am »
Hi Ray;

I have the 320E and it works fine with the ICRON. Another guy on this forum had the problem you're having, so I don't get it. Maybe this is something down in the weeds of the communications.

Maybe ATIK uses different electronics to implement the USB function on different cameras, and this would account for the problems. Maybe if we ask they'll look into this.

The ICRON that I'm using sits by the telescope with the USB to serial adapter, the 320E, and a Orion guide camera plugged in. All of these work.

billpellerin

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:31:24 am »
One other idea... and something I don't understand fully.

Devices have some affinity with USB ports. That is, for example, if I move a device from one USB port to another the computer (Win7) has to load the driver again for that device on THAT USB port.

Clearly, when using the ICRON device the camera is on a different USB port. Does your computer indicate that it is loading the driver for the Atik when it's connected to the ICRON? If not, maybe you have to manually reload the driver for the ICRON configuration. I don't remember having to do that, but it has been a while since I set this up.

Good luck

MicroAstro

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 03:29:07 am »
I run my 383L+ mono through an ICRON Ranger 2104 and I've never had a problem. In fact, I run 7 devices (383L, filter wheel, mount, DSI pro and GPUSB for guiding, Moonlite focuser, cloud sensor) concurrently without problems.
...Keith