Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Recommended warm up time for camera shut down?  (Read 9697 times)

snovosel

Recommended warm up time for camera shut down?
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:32:33 pm »
Hi all, is there a recommended time or sensor temp/range for the warm up period prior to turning off the camera?

Thanks

SteveNj

Lex

• We do it at night...
Re: Recommended warm up time for camera shut down?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »
Hi,

I recommend observing the time that the Software ( MDL, AA or Atik Capture) predicts.
You will see how temperature behaves, when it reaches the surrounding temperature then it is OK to power off the camera..
When it is cold outside, this "warm-up" phase is IMHO not so important, when your Delta is high then the WU phase is important.
Just follow the temperature indications on the setup screens and there will be no problem...

Best

Lex
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

snovosel

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:39:18 pm »
Lex, hi, and thank you. I just want to clarify. So, if I am starting at a sensor temp at say, +20 C, and I set point it to -10 C, then I should warm it back up to +20C, then shut off?

Best,

SteveNj

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:06:42 am »
Steve,

absolutely, depending on the different softwares this warming up takes only about 20-40 seconds..
I highly recommend to do this, otherwise it is possible to damage the chip, due to significant and to quick material expansion..

Best

Lex
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....