Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Horizontal noise on Artemis 285 images after a few hours  (Read 9505 times)

kzkmz01

Horizontal noise on Artemis 285 images after a few hours
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »
Hi everyone
After imaging for a few hours without any problems last night, I started to get horrendous lines across my images (sample attached - ignore the dust!)
I'm guessing / hoping it's some kind of interference, or could it be something worse - i.e. problems with the camera?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Duncan

Lex

• We do it at night...
Re: Horizontal noise on Artemis 285 images after a few hours
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 05:33:23 pm »
Hi,

Do you use a remote computer or paralell desktop?
Perhaps a cable/connector problem or magnetic field during readout?
Was there humidity?
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....

kzkmz01

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:31:59 pm »
This was observed on the observatory computer, but I do connect remotely as well.  There was medium humidity, hardly any dewing on the corrector plate (compared to what it has been through!)

I checked the connections, and re-booted, but it was still there.  Seems OK now, but I've only had the camera on for a couple of hours; the photo shown was after about 6 hours powered on.

Lex

• We do it at night...
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »
Then it seems to be read out noise due to long exposure, is this the first time that the cam was powered on for so long?
What USB card do you use on your computer? Have you already cleaned the inside of the PC removing dust?
CGEM, C11, TS Carbon Apo Triplet 90/600, TS Carbon UNC 254/1250, Atik 383l+, EFW2,
TSOAG, Lodestar....