Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Pre and post meridian flip processing in Dawn resulting in an Artemis question  (Read 4399 times)

DaveAus

I've just discovered that Dawn doesn't seem to handle light frames that have been taken either side of a meridian flip even 'though when capturing the post-flip frames with Atremis Capture the camera setting was rotated by 180 degrees. It seems that only the incoming image is rotated and not the pattern of hot pixels in the dark frame(s) being used with the result that the loaded dark frame(s) (which are fine for the pre-flip frames) do not properly subtract hot pixels from the post-flip frames. Moreover, it seems that the dark frame subtracted lights cannot be aligned – the popup message “Not all frames aligned successfully” displays on mouse-over of the Align component in Dawn. No doubt because Artemis is confused by the non-subtracted hot pixels in the post-flip frames.

I can accept that that is the way that Dawn is designed but my question is – when using Artemis Capture, what is the purpose of being able to rotate an incoming image by 180 degrees if it cannot be combined in Dawn with one or more previously acquired images that were not so rotated?