Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 11000 issues  (Read 7678 times)

vertigo262

Atik 11000 issues
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:49:26 am »
Hi,

I just got my Atik 11000 and installed the drivers to test it out. When I try to use it with liveview, or application that play a loop.
like APT, or Sharpcap, it seems like it can't handle the data load.

For example, lets say I set the live view for 1 second exposures. it will take between 13 seconds - 1 min a shot. usually the app is locked up and busy as well.

I don't know if this is normal, but it seems strange. I have a smaller ccd like a asi174, doesn't have this problem. I'm not sure if this is an ascom driver issue, or the data is too great, or this is a bad camera.

Help Appreciated

Chris

Re: Atik 11000 issues
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:59:49 pm »
The time these cameras take to download the image is largely a function of how long it takes to read the data from the CCD.  They aren't designed to be rapid, partly because reading slowly gives lower noise.  The 11000 is a big CCD so takes longer

Try the ATIK Capture program, select continuous imaging and see how long it takes to get an image.  That is using the ATIK camera control directly.

For rapid images, for framing and focus, bin the image, this will speed things up.  Or use a subframe.

Chris

vertigo262

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:06:43 pm »
ok so, starting to figure it out. if I bin the images between 4x4 to 6x6 I can get about 1 frame every 3 seconds which is usable. I don't understand why their wouldn't be a way to live view lower res images instead of downloading the large image like cameras, or webcams d for previewing. and then use the full res of taking pictures.

Anyways, at least when binned, can frame and focus better.

NickK

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:29:43 am »

For speed (focusing/framing) you could use both binning, preview mode and sub-framing.

Just remember to switch off the preview mode before you start imaging targets for best results.

I remember in the past I had two 11000Ms connected whilst in the south of france, they're nice cameras but you need to use these mechanisms to make it faster for a human to focusing! :)
ATIK 383L+, Titan, 16IC, EFW2, OAG | Pentax 105SDP | NEQ6
Author of the ATIK OSX Drivers and AOSX - Astronomy on OSX

wannaxaxa

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:27:50 am »
The time these cameras take to download the จีคลับ image is largely a function of how long it takes to read the data from the Maxbet CCD.  They aren't designed to be rapid, partly because reading slowly gives lower noise.  The 11000 is a big CCD so takes longer