Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Two simultaneous instances of Capture ? Command line execution ?  (Read 3290 times)

Hibou

Hi. I use Atik cameras for scientific imaging, and miss having email contact with Jonathan, the former Atik programmer, and Chris, the former responsible for OEM and Scientific imaging.

For one application I need to run two cameras simultaneously, capture both ~5 minute exposures, and pass them to my ImageJ script to stitch them together. I looked at several possibilities:
1) Launching Artemis Capture from  a Windows Command Prompt. But I would need to feed it command line arguments to launch exposures and save the resulting FITS file. Is that possible ?
2) Using the Artemis ImageJ plugin to connect to a camera and capture an image file. Again, I can't see how to script that.
3) Writing a Visual Basic script to capture images using ASCOM with an old FITS.dll to enter parameter parameters, expose, and write out the FITS file. http://neutronoptics.com/ascom.html Unfortunately that has been broken with Windows 8/10.

I would be grateful if anyone could suggest how I might script capture from Artemis cameras, especially two simultaneous captures.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:45:24 pm by Hibou »

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Two simultaneous instances of Capture ? Command line execution ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:44:31 pm »
I think it's probably worth dropping an email to contact@atik-cameras.com with this and we can then put you in touch with someone who can help that way.

Jo

Hibou

Re: Two simultaneous instances of Capture ? Command line execution ?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »
Thanks Jo. Indeed I'll email Chris sometime when he is not so busy finishing the Infinity software.