Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 2HS Help Please  (Read 5378 times)

michael8554

Atik 2HS Help Please
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:06:02 pm »
Looking for Atik 2HS help please, I couldn't find anything on Atik's site.

I would like to obtain a User Guide.

Does it need special drivers, what are their names, where can I get them please?

Does Long Exposure only work with K3CCDTools?  I'd like to use it with long exposures as a guide camera with PHD, but no joy with Long Exposure Serial/Parallel webcam or any other settings in PHD - are there any ASCOM drivers for it that would work?

FYI it's based on a Philips TouCam Pro webcam, with the colour chip swapped out with a mono Sony ICX424AQ. Long Exposure ON/OFF, Amp ON/OFF, and Field/Frame Transfer are controlled by a DB25 Parallel plug - normal exposure is by a separate USB plug.

Michael

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik 2HS Help Please
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:52:06 am »
Hello Michael,

We don't have any information here on the old 2HS model camera I'm sorry to say. The camera need to be treated as a Philips TouCam and the drivers are the normal Philips drivers. You will need to use a program such as K3CCD or PHD that support the long exposure mod. You will probably be best looking up the information on how to connect to the LX mod and get it working.

I hope this help a bit!
Best regards
Vince

michael8554

Re: Atik 2HS Help Please
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 12:21:35 am »
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the reply, but I have to say I'm disappointed that Atik don't know anything about one of their cameras.....

Michael