Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Need help with Vignetting  (Read 6326 times)

StarMike

Need help with Vignetting
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:52:26 pm »
Hi, I am hoping someone at Atik or someone else can help me.  I am getting a lot of vignetting (see attached pic) and hope there is some way to improve this.  I have a C11 with that Meade F3.3 reducer on the back.  It gives just about the perfect FOV for my Atik Infinity but with terrible vignetting   >:(.   I attached the visual back to the FR and the camera slides right into that.  Any help to fix this issue,  I talked to some AP guys and they say flats may be the answer, but the Infinity software does not have the ability to incorporate those in it's stacking routine.  I hope someone has an answer

StarMike

Re: Need help with Vignetting
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 02:26:19 pm »
Wow, no responses.  I sent an email directly to Atik yesterday as well and have not received a response   :(

StarMike

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 03:02:51 pm »
I did receive a response from Atik.  They recommended doing some external processing, but that defeats the purpose of live-viewing.  I have been asking this this question on the CloudyNights forum, and they recommended some spacers to get the F3.3 reducer to an F5 and that should help.  I am going to do this.  The F3.3 reducer was designed for 1/3" chips, which the Infinity is much larger than that, so that is my primary issue.  I will post back once I have tried at F5

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 04:24:19 am »
Yes I would agree with this Mike and the Meade 3.3 was not designed to work at f/3.3 unless your using a 1/3rd " sensor. I would also decrease your spacing between the outer lens of the 3.3 and your CCD sensor to around f4.5 - f5.5 range.

Chris

StarMike

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 12:22:47 pm »
Thanks Chris, yes, I have the spacers ordered and they should be here on Saturday