Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity software needs these features!  (Read 7718 times)

Astrogate

Infinity software needs these features!
« on: March 27, 2016, 05:41:44 pm »
Hi Jo,

I am waiting for my new Atik Infinity camera to arrive this week and I will be testing it out and posting my results in various places including this forum. I have been watching several broadcasts using this camera and have been impressed with the results from what I have seen. I have been doing astronomy observing with various cameras for 8 years now and I beta tested cameras also for 6 years now.

I know that most of these requests have been suggested already but I would also post what I feel the software currently lacks or needs.

1. A crosshairs tool for aligning the mount when using the camera.
2. A saturation slider in order to increase the color with ease. This is a must since you have a very good stacking program which increases the signal therefore lowering color noise.
3. A sharpness tool again with stacking providing excellent signal we can use some applied sharpening.
4. A labelling text tool so we can label what we are viewing for our audience to know during a broadcast.
5. A direct connection to all broadcast sites by allowing one to enter their URL.

Once I get and try out my camera, I will post more suggestions if I can come up with more.

Thank you in advanced!

Chris A
Astrogate
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 05:45:47 pm by Astrogate »

scopesnc

Re: Infinity software needs these features!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:07:32 am »
Chris

All good suggestions and I think they are on to most of them already. The sharpness and saturation are the big ones to me.

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:11:45 pm »
Hi both,

Indeed all very good suggestions. As you say, a few of them are already on the list to look into, but the more suggestions the merrier!

Looking forward to seeing your results with the camera  :)

Jo

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:24:20 pm »
That sounds great and thank you Jo. I will post my results here in the very near future and I am truly excited.

Cheers,

Chris A

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 04:08:20 pm »
Hi Chris,

I see you have added some of these suggestions to another thread. I have just answered the first three over there:

http://forums.atik-cameras.com/index.php?topic=2518.15

And for completeness, here are my answers to your other questions:

4) A labeling tool: Good suggestion, and one that's been on the list for a while. I wasn't sure if anyone really wanted it, but since you've requested it, I'll try and add it to the next version.

5) Broadcasting: Almost as soon as the last version came out, people were suggesting this. It seems so obvious, that I feel stupid for not thinking of it in advance. Particularly as the layout will be almost identical to the Video Astronomy Live page (just with an added URL). This will almost certainly be in the next version.

Chris.

Astrogate

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 10:49:21 pm »
Hi Chris

Thank you very much for the responses. Yes a text labelling tool would be great esp. since this is an observing camera and a lot of us will be broadcasting to multiple viewers around the world on Night Skies Network. In the past without a labelling tool, I was constantly being asked what object we were looking at esp. with the newer comers so this would be very useful. To be able to add a URL to the broadcasting sites for example NSN.com would be very convieinient for a direct connection so thank you again for considering this.

Chris A

JimH123

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 05:38:35 am »
I had just posted some suggestions in another area, but since I see this is happening here, I will add them here to.

1.  Cross hair for display.  I see it has been asked for already.  I tie a sting around my laptop screen now, and slide it out of the way when done.  Actual crosshairs would be much better.

2.  A way to dim the screen and to preserve night vision.  A way to put the image back to normal to watch it closely if desired without lighting up the other fields to full brilliance. 

3.  A clock on the screen.  Since the Infinity SW takes over the entire screen, I would like to see a clock visible at all times on the
screen somewhere.  Oftentimes, it is not easy to get to a wristwatch while wearing a heavy coat.

4.  When turning on the button to save FTS files, prompt for a name to use as a base for the generated FTS files.  After collecting many FTS files, it is difficult to remember which go together and what they were.

5.  A way to delete undesired FTS files in playback mode.

6.  A way to automatically generate other types of files similar to how FTS files are generated, such as a series of JPEG, PNG OT TIFF.

Thanks

donboysail

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 08:22:12 pm »
Until they come out with crosshairs you can use a piece of software called 'CrossHare'.

You need to be in full screen mode on Infinity software to have the CrossHare software to work properly.