Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity Camera Orientation  (Read 6996 times)

donboysail

Infinity Camera Orientation
« on: April 01, 2016, 08:56:14 pm »
I find it strange that the camera has to be oriented vertically to conform to the normal directional movement of the mount.  I would think that a horizontal orientation would be better so as to aide in clearing the mount base on Alt/Az fork mounted scopes so that one can use the proper directional orientation HC keys. 

Don
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:02:17 pm by donboysail »

scopesnc

Re: Infinity Camera Orientation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:34:32 am »

Don

It's nice to have the  ability to move my mount buy way of camera  view, in line with controller arrows. Maybe they can look at that in the future also. They are indeed listening to the customer it seems. So it never hurts to bring up the small things too.

donboysail

Jo or Chris or Steve Re: Infinity Camera Orientation
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »
Ok - got no answer - Still wondering why?

2star

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 12:05:08 am »
I find it strange that the camera has to be oriented vertically to conform to the normal directional movement of the mount.  I would think that a horizontal orientation would be better so as to aide in clearing the mount base on Alt/Az fork mounted scopes so that one can use the proper directional orientation HC keys. 

Don
I didn't know this, i have not seen any photo of the infinity actually attached to a scope yet. so I have to orientate the camera vertically !!!, thats stupid if its the case, as the idea behind the design so it was explained by Atik themselves is to aid in clearing the camera from collision with the base.

2star

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »
Just noted it still clears my mount which ever way i place it !!!!

donboysail

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 10:03:23 pm »
Looks like the camera needs to be horizontal on my MiniTower Alt/Az but I have to orient it vertically with my CEM60 equatorial mount so on both types of mounts the HC buttons move the mount in the same direction.

Don
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:37:39 pm by donboysail »