Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Connecting To YouTube?  (Read 7013 times)

Whixson

Connecting To YouTube?
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:20:18 am »
I've followed instructions as closely as I could, and did reach the point of allowing Infinity to access and manage YouTube. I enabled video streaming on YouTube but did not download any video codecs as I believe it's already enabled thru Infinity. Now whenever I click on Login for Broadcast on YouTube it just sits there....

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Connecting To YouTube?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 04:02:32 pm »
Hi Whixson,

The infinity broadcast works through Open Broadcaster, which should have been installed alongside infinity. (You may remember it during the install process). One thing to try whilst it's trying to broadcast:

Log into your youtube account (in a browser) -> Creator Studio (Click the top right button, which allows you to sign out) -> Live Streaming -> Events -> Find your event in the list -> click 'Live Control Room'. It will then give you information about your stream which might give a clue to what's going on. You can then email me (ChrisG@atik-cameras.com) with what you see, and I'll try and get you up and running.

Chris.

Whixson

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:43:18 pm »
I ended up reinstalling the software - now I can broadcast on YouTube, but VAL is not available as an alternative!! All I get when hovering over the Broadcast icon is ability to sign in or create broadcast on YouTube. Assume I missed something when reinstalling.

Whixson

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 12:16:19 am »
So I realized I had reinstalled to 1.2 software and when I reinstalled the 1.3 Beta I could stream to VAL but not YouTube unless I use OBS directly. Infinity software can't get past the YouTube login button

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:45:44 am »
Hi Whixson,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of the office for the last few days, but I'm back now. Anyways, can you tell me a bit more about this issue. First of all, when you click the youtube button in the broadcast menu, do you see the 'log in' button, or do you get something else? If you see the 'log in' button, when you press it, does it open up a browser and give you the 'Request Permission' page? If so, what happens after you press 'allow'?

Chris.

Whixson

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 09:49:53 pm »
Thanks Chris, I do get the log in button,clicking on it turns it briefly green, then back to white and nothing happens.

Hi Whixson,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been out of the office for the last few days, but I'm back now. Anyways, can you tell me a bit more about this issue. First of all, when you click the youtube button in the broadcast menu, do you see the 'log in' button, or do you get something else? If you see the 'log in' button, when you press it, does it open up a browser and give you the 'Request Permission' page? If so, what happens after you press 'allow'?

Chris.