Atik Cameras

Author Topic: using infinity with Atik A/C Power supply & software question  (Read 6487 times)

John.Sankus

I purchased my infinity with an Atik A/C adapter, when I setup my telescope and align, at times the adapter plug will come loose from the camera, and the software stops working.  When I reseat it, I get a little click lock feel each time and it doesnt seem loose.  Any idea what can cause this?

My other question is software related, I have used the latest stable and beta versions on the website, on the exposure timing counter bar (up top to the left of the play/stop button) some people we share views with have a split timer, one a dimmer green on the left and a darker green on the right, however my software just shows a solid darker green timing counter bar.  What is the difference, if any?

Great job on the software and camera, I love it so far and get REALLY good performance in the city (Philadelphia).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

JimH123

Re: using infinity with Atik A/C Power supply & software question
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:28:09 pm »
I too have problems with the power cord working its way out.  It should have a means to attach more firmly.

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 12:33:43 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear you're both having problems with the power cord. Is it being used close to its full length and perhaps being pulled that way, or does it just randomly seem to be disconnecting?

Jim, are you also using the official Atik adapter?

And for your other question John, would it be possible to send a screenshot of what you mean? I wondered if it might be that there are two bars in Replay mode - one for the timer and one for image number - and only one bar in the other modes, but I don't think that's quite what you mean.

Really glad to hear you love the camera, and sorry for the delay in response.

Jo

John.Sankus

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 12:59:03 pm »
Thanks for replying.  It may be the replay timer, I never used it.  We have youtube videos of us (Don and myself) displaying the Infinity software as we view the night sky.  I don't remember seeing him use the recording function, but he may have, I know I did not.

As for my A/C adapter plug, it is snug into the port, I can feel the click as it is plugged in.  Last time out I looped the adapter plug wire around my OTA handle and as the mount slewed around, I did not get disconnected a single time.  I think when I just plug it in, the plug turns and then that is when the power gets interrupted.

Thanks again for your response.

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 02:24:19 pm »
Aha, I see what you mean. Some parts of the user interface take their styling from the operating system, such as progress bars, so I suspect it's just that you and Don are using different versions of Windows.

That's interesting (and good!) to hear that you don't have the problem if the wire's looped around your system. However, if it does continue to be a problem for you, feel free to drop us an email on support@atik-cameras.com and we'll be happy to take a more detailed look for you.

Jo