Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Histogram slider needs a change  (Read 5874 times)

donboysail

Histogram slider needs a change
« on: April 20, 2016, 07:16:58 pm »
It would be so much better if the White and Gamma controls were not attached to each other so they could be used separately as is the black level.  I'm not alone in this opinion.

Don

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Histogram slider needs a change
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 02:51:12 pm »
By the gamma control, are you referring to the stretch that's applied to the image as represented by the brown/orange line? You can actually adjust this separately to the white channel by clicking and dragging the brown/orange slider, just as with the black and white.

Hope that helps!

Jo

donboysail

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 08:14:04 pm »
What I was referring to is that the White level control is attached to the middle brownish control.  I realize that the browish middle control can be moved on it's own but it is frustrating that the White Level movement causes the middle brownish control to follow.  Unattaching these two controls would be very desirable. Thus the three Histogram controls should be independent of each other.

Don

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 12:35:00 pm »
I see what you mean. The reason they've been attached (and it's attached to the black level, too) is that it's not a fixed level in the way the black and white levels are, and rather represents a stretch that's in proportion to the other values.

We'll test the effects of detaching the slider during the next revision and see if it's something we might add in as an Advanced Option.

Jo