Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 414 Ex cooler problem  (Read 5267 times)

A. Chapman

Atik 414 Ex cooler problem
« on: April 30, 2016, 02:53:14 am »
Hi all, I will try to explain with my basic English, a possible issue with my camera. As many of us I`m using Maxim Dl for camera and mount control. The point is that the cooler is behaving I would say on erratic way. I.E, I set the temp. on 5ºC the sensor begins to cool down perfectly, but then on the status cooler window I observe: "cooler regulating" then "cooler off" then regulating, cooler on again and the cooler power percentages goes from low to high values.
I hope this is just an Maxim isuue! Anyway just in case I attach here some screen shot with my problem.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Andrès.

A. Chapman

Re: Atik 414 Ex cooler problem
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 03:09:10 am »

A. Chapman

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 03:09:48 am »

andyo

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »
Sorry I cant help but I am having very similar issue with my 314L+ in artemis capture (see my post).If I get a solution which works I will post it to you

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:55 pm »
Hi A Chapman,

It sounds like you're having a similar problem to someone else on the forum, so I'll copy my suggestions below:

Our initial thought is to examine the USB lead you are using. Sometimes communication can break down if you are using longer leads and this can cause unexpected results (such as you are seeing). Are you using the lead supplied with the camera? If not, you could try using a USB hub as these can be more reliable than connecting straight into your PC or laptop.

By the way, what operating system are you using? Also, is this a new issue or some

Chris.