Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Downloading New Software Version  (Read 6701 times)

Messier27

Downloading New Software Version
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:31:54 am »
If I were to upgrade the CD software to the website download Beta Version, should I delete my current version from the computer first and then download the segments required?  Is it also possible to download the new Beta version and keep my current CD provided version?  This way I could start up the Beta, work with it for a while then shut it down and play with the older version...just to see differences.

To really push my luck...would it be possible to have both versions turned on at the same time and go from one to the other...that sounds camera confusing to me...but then I confuse easily?

Thank-you,

John

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Downloading New Software Version
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:28:05 am »
If you want to try the Beta version, you can just install it over the top of your current version. However, if you want to go back to the original version, it's best to uninstall the Beta first, then reinstall the original, either from the CD or our core software download on the website. I tend to recommend downloading it from the website as it sometimes has a newer non-beta version than the CD, depending when you got the camera.

Unfortunately though you can't have both versions at the same time, running or installed to switch between. Am I remembering right that you have an Infinity? If so, I think you might find you want to stick with the Beta anyway!

Hope that helps,
Jo

Messier27

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:26:09 pm »
Hey Jo,
Thank-you!  I may just try to download the non-Beta version from the website and give that a try instead of our CD Version.  We may go that route for a while and if successful/comfortable try the Beta version.   Yes, we have an Infinity and last Thursday was our first night out.  Our results were okay and Friday night's was mediocre.  Saturday morning we were thinking about trying to return it but after talking with a friend at our dark site that I learned had an Infinity...we decided to give it a try Saturday evening...we were going to do an eyepiece evening.  M104 came alive on the screen and my wife, Bobbie, commented "I think we are keeping it!"

Still a lot of things to and get familiar with but life is good!

Regards,

John

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 12:08:34 pm »
Glad life is good! But also sorry to hear that your first couple of nights were disappointing, if we can be of any help in getting you better results, feel free to ask away. As it seems you've found out, there can be a lot to learn but when it all comes together it's definitely worth it!

Best,
Jo

elpajare

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:35:30 pm »
I dowloaded this last version and installed

Waiting good skies for testing. Very interesting the possibility to individually modify the colors.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

JimH123

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:35 pm »
I downloaded and tried the new beta 1.3 version.  It worked really well.  Previously, I would have an occasional crash and would have to kill the SW and reload.  Haven't seen that problem with the new version.

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:57:58 pm »
That's great to hear, thanks for the feedback Jim.