Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Found a bug in the new Ascom Driver  (Read 6998 times)

Claus

Found a bug in the new Ascom Driver
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:30:52 pm »
Dear Atik Support Team,

I think I found a bug in the new Ascom Camera Drivers, included in the new Core Software (Date: June 20th, 2016). I own the ATIK 9.0 Kit and with my Capture Software which is using the Ascom Camera Driver the temperature reading is wrong. It was about 22 degrees outside, but the driver reported 0.2 degress. I tried to cool down the camera to -5 degrees, and a cooldown power of only 18% was shown from ascom.

I disconnected the camera, rebooted, uninstalled the complete Core Software and installed the old Beta 3 Core Software and the temp reading was OK then. Then i tried to verify the problem; I took my old 2nd Laptop, installed the new Core Software for the first time, plugged in the camera and the temp reading was again complete wrong. Installed the "old" Beta 3 Software and the temperature reading was OK then.

So it seems to be that the new Camera Ascom Driver inclued in the Core Software from 20th June has a bug. I am using the ATIK 9.0 Camera Kit System. It would be nice to see quick fix here. Thank you.

Claus Müller

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Found a bug in the new Ascom Driver
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 01:19:37 pm »
Dear Claus,

Thanks for reporting this, and for verifying the problem. Our software engineer Chris is having a look into it and working on a fix - I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,

Best,
Jo

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
Hi Claus,

Thanks for the message. I think I've managed to fix it. I'll post a new version on the website later this week and will message you here when it's ready.

Chris.

Claus

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:06:26 am »
Thanks for your fast reply. I am looking forward for the fix :)
If you need further details, dont hesitate to contact me.

kind regards

Claus Müller

james_screech

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 11:49:49 am »
Chris,

Does this problem effect all Atik cameras or just the ATIK 9.0 Kit?

James

Doug

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:30:04 pm »
My Atik 4XX cameras are suffering from this cooling indication problem.
When will the promised fix be implemented?

james_screech

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 08:13:53 am »
My 414ex had the same problem last night, lost 30mins of a short night having to re-install old drivers :(

James

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 06:12:41 pm »
Hi everybody,

Sorry for my slow response on this. I have been working on some updates to the core software and was hoping to bundle them together with the temperature fix by Friday. However, the new changes are taking much longer than expected and it's unlikely I'll have the core installer ready today. However, since the bug is actually contained in one of the components of the core installer, it makes sense to give you updated file so that you can fix it today.

All you need to do is download the following file from dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/alf7paju1ocyyud/AtikCameraSetup.zip?dl=0

Unzip it and then double click the ASCOMCameraSetup.exe. It will guide you through some menus (these will be the same ones you normally see when installing the 'ASCOM Camera' components). Once done, the temperature should be displayed properly in all ASCOM applications.

Apologies again for taking so long on this. I'll send another message to this page when the core installer is ready.

Chris

Doug

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »
Thank you, Chris! The patch works perfectly with my Atik 4XX cameras and WIN 10 OS PC's.
Fine customer support, as typical from the Atik staff.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 01:56:44 pm »
Hi Everyone,

The latest installer is now available on the website. Make sure you tick any ASCOM component that you use as they will need to be reinstalled.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Chris.