Atik Cameras

Author Topic: STOPPED WORKING  (Read 5473 times)

2star

STOPPED WORKING
« on: July 17, 2016, 07:52:11 pm »
Infinity loaded,green lozenge etc, finder ok, press play, stopped working, tested everything connected, device manager etc etc, mystery,!!!! few attempts but every time i press play the programme stopped responding.
Downloaded latest drivers.software and everything was working,all ok now !! just a mystery why it stopped working in the first place,fortunately it was a daytime test. Any suggestions please.
Good news, last week got my first DSO image, Whirlpool Galaxy, poor viewing, sky still light, breezy, light cloud cover but I was thrilled with what I got on the screen, started with 2 blobby disks, adjusted focus and other things WOW , i was so amazed at how this camera could show so much in such conditions, cant wait for the dark nights or my visit to Winscar Res or Keilder Forrest
Eric
ps: forgot to save record to disk (idiot) so image is snapshot I took to save, straight from the camera with not too good focus (bhatinov Mask on the way), really amazing for a single non processed image under poor conditions
Celestron Evolution 9.25 with f/6.3 FR  3x18 secs Atik Infinity Colour
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:08:00 pm by 2star »

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: STOPPED WORKING
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 11:45:03 am »
Very glad to hear the new drivers fixed the problem, and very sorry you had the problem in the first place. I've mentioned it to Chris who wrote the software just in case it points to a wider issue, but it sounds like the new drivers have done the job already.

Great to hear you got your first DSO image, particularly in those conditions - I'll look forward to seeing some more!

Jo

elpajare

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:47:11 pm »
Congratulations.

This was my first image with Infinity too. I'm shure that a little work with GIMP or Photoshop can improve a lot your results.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 09:17:15 pm by elpajare »
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

2star

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 08:01:32 pm »
The image was from a snapshot I saved so yes when I get to a dark site and post process any images it will be very interesting indeed
eric