Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New user comments  (Read 5027 times)

scpanish

New user comments
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:02:38 am »
After 5 good nights with my mono infinity I have a few constructive suggestions concerning the Infinity software.  It is a great product that will only improve.

1) Red only "night" mode.  At Stellafane over the weekend, I received some criticism for the brightness of the display, even with my laptop brightness down all the way.  A red or orange "night mode" a la Stellarium would solve this one for use at star parties.

2) Stretch coordinate display issue.  When using the stretch control at the bottom of the display, there is a small popup with the coordinates.  On my laptop, this popup largely obscures the verticle control bars.  A stationary, moveable box with these coordinates would be more useful and less annoying.

3) Non-linear stretch control issue.  Sometimes the red non-linear control bar cannot be grabbed.  I have not been able to isolate when this occurs so I apologize for the useless description, but it is a heads up.  The white bar also could not be grabbed one time.  If it helps, eliminating the click to set bar location action could be removed for the black and white bars.  I don't like this action  because it often is triggered accidentally, but others may disagree and find it useful.  I'll try to better qualify the problems.

4)FWHM can't be set above 10.5 for reject, but on extended objects like globular clusters, the measurement is always high.

thanks for the consideration, keep up the good work.

Steve

elpajare

Re: New user comments
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »
I agree the " night mode" for me is essential.

If the histogram control could be done with numeric buttons instead of the bars it would be easier and more accurate

Keep up the good work,,, :)
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity