Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Connection probelms  (Read 3609 times)

anders.stange

Connection probelms
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:26:44 am »
Hi,
I tried the raspberryPi 3 wireless set for the first time last night. I was really looking forward to it as this kind of solution perfectly fits my needs. (Im using the infinity camera and a windows 8.1, 64-bit system.)
However, I encountered two problems, and the last one even forced me back to using the USB cable.

1. I had prepared the rpi3 wireless connection a couple of day before following the instructions (the easy version) and got it working fine.
However, last night trying it in the field, it did not seems to find the wifi I had previously connected to and I had to redo the set up, starting with the ethernet cable and then providing the password for the WiFi etc.
Im assuming however that once you have set up the wifi, the intent is that the rpi system remembers all the wifi connection details, so you dont have to go through the set up with the Ethernet cable every time? Any idea of what might have gone wrong?

2.Once I had established the wifi connection again, I started the Infinity capture software. It connected to the camera, but the problem that occured now was that the system seemed to "hang" after the first capture, and it was the same problem regardless if in finder or video mode. When I finally reverted back to using the USB  cable it all started to work properly again with repeating captures.  What could cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Anders

Sweden

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Connection probelms
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 04:09:19 pm »
Hi Andres,

1. It sounds like you're having the same issue here as someone else. Essentially the raspberry pi is changing its IP address everytime it connects to the network. I'm working on a solution to that, but in the mean time, you can download this program:

http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/index3.php?utm_expid=62919999-46.OL6jz0qETHK6lGtcJp3DJQ.3

It will list all the IP address for devices on your network. It should list a device called 'raspberrypi.home' (or similar) . You will need type the IP address listed in that program into the 'Set Remote IP' box in AtikAir (It should be 192.168.1.xxx). It's not an ideal solution, but it means you'll avoid having to set everything up again each time.

2. I haven't seen this before. In fact, I've been running an infinity connected to a Raspberry pi for about 20 mins now without problems. When you say it hangs, does the whole program hang (so you can't press any buttons). Or does it fail to display an image. Could you send the following directory to me at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com

C:\ProgramData\Atik\Infinity\Errors

Thanks