Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Wifi is the problem.  (Read 6071 times)

pablotwa

Wifi is the problem.
« on: August 29, 2016, 05:54:02 pm »
Atik Air connects fine with the Ethernet and will detect my FIOS Router . I inputed the password after selecting my wifi and it just hangs with the message..."status connecting" I just bought a Raspberry PI 3 with wifi onboard and when I connect through the ethernet cable artemis controls the 414ex color brilliantly.
Wifi is the problem.
I tried getting the IP for the raspberrypi and entered it to the remote portion of Atik Air to no avail.
thoughts?
Best!

Pablo Lewin

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Wifi is the problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:20:12 pm »
Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. How long did you wait for? After 1 min, the 'Status Connected' should say 'Failed'. Did you see that message?

How did you get the IP address for the RaspberryPi? And does it match the IP address for your PC (I.e. do they both start the same?).

It's quicker if you email me at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com

Chris.

pablotwa

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 11:19:13 pm »
(I sent the following as an email this morning, posting it here as a backup)

Hi Chris!

Thank you for the response, I’m unable to connect to the detected Wi-Fi signal but the system works great when connected to the cable which leads me to believe that indeed there’s a problem with the IP parameters.

To put it simply

I don’t know how nor did I modify the ip because frankly I’m not too clear on how to accomplish it.

Also when setting up the ip I MUST do it on the computer I’m going to use for this camera or can I do it from ANY computer within my house (I have nine…)

Thanks again for your time.

Best!

Pablo Lewin
Glendora, CA. USA

pablotwa

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 02:07:34 am »
Hi Chris

I sent you an email and I haven't received a response as of yet. I entered the ip address for the raspeberry to no avail. The wifi connection is available but it will not connect.

I guess it was not meant to be.

Best!

Pablo

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 11:26:09 am »
Hi Pablo,

Chris is out of the office for a couple of days, but he'll be back on Monday and will keep working on this - I'm sure we'll be able to get you up and running soon!

Thanks,
Jo

pablotwa

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:58:03 am »
Thank you! I thought he gave up on me!

pablotwa

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 03:06:36 am »
I just did the advanced setup on my pi (the pi works great as a computer! I love it!, I even bought another one and I use it as a Ham Radio Transmitter and it works great!) However even though it  will connect to the ethernet without problem, (it will even tell me that the remote is available and by the way I got the current correct ip directly from the Pi) but to no avail. I will not connect to the wifi at all EVEN though the pi IS connected to the internet via wifi but the  Atik Air software on the laptop  keeps telling me that the connection to the wifi failed.

I'm done..thank you for trying

best!

Pablo Lewin
pablotwa@earthlink.net