Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Drivers Ticked  (Read 5841 times)

richardmjordan

Drivers Ticked
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:37:19 am »
I downloaded the new core software and it seemed to go fine. However, I must have missed "Drivers" in the process. Do I need to uninstall and go through the process again or can I somehow backtrack and click drivers. Thanks for any advice/help.
Rick Jordan

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Drivers Ticked
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 01:06:03 pm »
Hi Rick,

If you just run the installer again with drivers ticked and nothing else (well, you can have everything ticked if you want to, it shouldn't make any difference but will take a bit longer!) then you should be good to go  :)

Jo

richardmjordan

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:36:51 pm »
Jo, as always, thank you very much for your help. Rick

richardmjordan

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 10:36:51 pm »
Jo, I attempted to download the core software to my Windows 10 4GB ASUS Laptop and at the end of the download the message "failed" appeared. I tried to load it 2 more times and it failed again. I deleted the downloads and tried again but again it failed. I attempted to use the disc that came with the Infinity camera to load and it did load but when I went to Aretimis CCD, Infinity is not listed in my choices to select.

I had previously downloaded the core software on my desktop and Infinity does come up as a choice when I click Aretimis CCD. Although I have not carried my desktop to the back yard to try it with the telescope, it appears to have everything loaded correctly.

I don't think the presence of old drivers on my Laptop was the problem because when I first tried to download the the Core Software, it was the first time I attempted to download anything from Atik.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any advice?

Rick

richardmjordan

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 06:55:07 pm »
Good Afternoon Jo. I tried again to download the latest core software on my new laptop. Although I tried a couple of times to use the alternate core software "button" yesterday to download the core software, it was unresponsive - nothing happened when I clicked on it. Today I went straight to the alternate download button and tried it without initially trying the First Download button and.... It worked! Everything seems to be there on my computer. I am sure almost everyone experiences the great frustration with unsuccessfully trying to set up something new on their computer. But then unexpectedly things seem to work and wow, what euphoria that brings. Who can understand why the gremlins in cyberspace want to play these mind games with us. Now I hope I will have another good story to tell when I go to my telescope.

Rick

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 12:15:34 pm »
Hi Rick,

You do seem to be having more than your fair share of gremlins, but I'm glad you can appreciate the thrill of defeating them! We are keeping an eye on these download issues some people have been experiencing and judging the best solution - it seems perhaps a permanent move to the alternate link may be the answer, but in typical fashion, we haven't found the problem to be reproducable here which is why feedback is so helpful.

Let's hope it's all plain sailing for you from here!

Jo