Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Suggestions for Infinity  (Read 38358 times)

elpajare

Re: Suggestions for Infinity
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:07 pm »
Great Chris.

Many thanks.

Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

StarMike

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »
Thanks Chris.  Can't wait to try it.  Looks like Monday or Tuesday will be my next clear night!

mega256

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 05:04:36 pm »
Last night on " Nightskiesnetwork.com " with Chris A. and a group of us we enjoyed the new software in action.
The new software took this great camera to the next level of pleasure. "Live Imaging" being done during the broadcast was
amazing...It just worked  as it should and gave the tools to use the camera more expanse of control..
Thank you all at Atik for another great product,the device and its new software is Cutting edge!
Thank you for making your customers  happy!

ssturges

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 06:46:12 pm »
A product I would like to see is the Infinity like software feature(real time stacking and viewing) in a medium or large format camera.  I would really like to be able to the using full 48mm field with out the bulk of the a focal reducer.  I would not even mind the a bin down for going fast.  It would add huge amount of flexibility to the larger format cameras and maybe drive more sales of these.

StarMike

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »
Been playing around with the new software using recorded sessions.  Love the new Histogram control.  Exactly what i was hoping for.  Great job Atik!!

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 04:58:16 pm »
You might have seen in other threads we're thinking about adding a native video record feature, so you could save a .mp4/.avi/similar directly in the software, and without needing an internet connection.

Is that something many of you would be interested in?

Jo

elpajare

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2016, 08:08:20 am »
Thanks for this improvements, I suggest to finish the features voted:

Clock   Add clock to the screen to help when in full screen mode   
Sharpness   Add sharpness adjustment to image   
Night Vision   Add night vision mode, or way to dim screen further   
Colour balance   Further improve default colour balance   
Invert   Add option to invert mono image   
Record video   Option to record videos locally, rather than just straight to YouTube   
FITS Headers   Allow users to add fields to the FITS file. (Object, Telescope, Observer etc)   
Broadcast Title   Display some text on the screen so that viewers can see what the broadcast is   
Stacking options   Add in option for sum stacking   
Integration info   Ability to add integration information to an image

Good work and very good product and service to the consumer.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

elpajare

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2016, 09:42:50 am »
Will be cool that we can record video frames with Infinity.

Make the exposition time more short, please!
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 02:46:45 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, elpajare, it's really useful.

Though I'm afraid I don't think we can go any shorter than 0.001s for the exposure time!

Jo

JimH123

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »
I really like the Infinity SW and would really like to use it with other Atik cameras, the Atik 460 for example.

manu33

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 10:51:03 am »
Hello Team Atik

An ascom interface to guide a star, between poses ?
and darks managment?

Manu
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 01:29:22 pm by manu33 »

elpajare

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 05:36:23 pm »
The definive tool would be the LIVE Curves option.

If it was possible, this software would be the best for EAA in my opinion.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

JimH123

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »
I really like the Infinity SW and would really like to use it with other Atik cameras, the Atik 460 for example.

I am really, really liking the Infinity SW with the Atik 460ex using the new Beta release.  Good job Atik!

I would like the ability to select the type of files to save when the button is pressed that now auto saves FIT files.  Perhaps I want to save JPEGs or TIFFS (8 or 16 bits) as I watch a comet move among the stars.  And it would be nice to save some information in the file name such as Image # and exposure time as well as a custom base name.  And perhaps save once every X images to allow time for something to show movement.  If a series of JPEG can be saved, an AVI can easily be made from the JPEGs.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2017, 10:08:08 am »
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm glad you're enjoying the new software. Anyways, the software currently only auto saves in FITS files as these files contain the additional information needed to replay through the data and this wouldn't be possible with the other files types. However, adding an option to also save in other file types is an interesting idea. I'll add it to the list.

Chris

Astrogate

Re: Suggestions for Infinity - Flats for new Horizon with Infinity a must!
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
Hi Chris

After watching Dave Hudson's excellent video demonstrating his new Atik Horizon camera in particular with the Infinity software I would say that 80 to 90% of us with exceptions of those fortunate to have the money for those very expensive astrograph dedicated scopes will be now having issues with vignetting unlike with the much smaller ICX825 sensor in the Infinity camera. Most of us would buy this camera for it's unique live observing properties in conjunction with the Infinity software and not with the Artemis software. Like Sharpcap is now offering in their new release software they incorporated a flat and dark field on the fly subtraction. I think we can live without the dark subtraction due to the excellent algorithm written in the Infinity software but, the flat is a big must since adjusting the background properly without losing faint details in impossible. Chris please consider building live flat subtraction into the Infinity software now that we will be working with larger APS + CMOS sensors.

Thank you

Chris Appleton
Astrogate