Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 314L+ mono is it dead??  (Read 4538 times)

jaleader

Atik 314L+ mono is it dead??
« on: September 17, 2016, 12:10:58 am »
Hi
 I have had this camera for 3 years. It has always worked well but last night the output went blank.It can still connect but the output  is always blank lens cap on or off makes no difference.It still downloads  an image to the computer but it shows nothing . I have always used Artermis capture and have other Atik cameras that work well . It looks to me that there is an internal electronics failure . What do you people think ??? Note different usb cables  and computers have been tried with it but there is no difference. :'(
                                              John

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik 314L+ mono is it dead??
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:30:25 am »
Hi John,

That doesn't sound great  :'( I think it might be best to get in touch with support@atik-cameras.com on this one, hopefully they can work their magic  ;)

Jo

jaleader

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 01:53:50 am »
Thanks Jo
   After sending them  a fits image they were pretty sure of the problem .As well as the cost of the circuit board replacement to fix it . So I shipped the camera  to Atik . I will keep everybody informed of the repair and and also the cost of the repair. :-[
                                          John

jaleader

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:06:10 pm »
  Here is the outcome of my repair. The camera needed a new circuit board but  the sensor was ok. The repair time was acceptable  and the camera is back and working now . I am collecting new darks at this time . So well done Atik :)
 Cost was $320 for the repair and $141 for shipping and import duty :( back to Canada. So total cost was $461 which is CAD .
                                                        John