Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 314L+ bayer matrix  (Read 9066 times)

jamesburgess

314L+ bayer matrix
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:15:00 am »
Can anyone tell me the correct bayer pattern for the 314L+ camera , I use Deep Sky Stacker and the camera is not listed but I can use a generic pattern. Thanks

Guy Walsh

Re: 314L+ bayer matrix
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 09:48:23 pm »
Can anyone tell me the correct bayer pattern for the 314L+ camera , I use Deep Sky Stacker and the camera is not listed but I can use a generic pattern. Thanks

Obviously nobody from ATIK reads these posts :/ I'd like to know why that information isnt in the manual?

Steve

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 09:05:25 am »
Oh yes we do....  ;)

If you read the sticky message at to top (Forum Guideline) you can see how to get a response direct from Atik. 

The reason for not giving offsets in the manual is that different software treat the images differently and need different values.  Our Capture and Dawn software will recognise the images from recent cameras directly and use the correct offsets automatically.

Hope this helps
Steve

andysea

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »
James
I had the same problem with the 383 and DSS.
I just tried all the  different generic matrix configurations until I got the one that worked. If I remember well there are only three or four so it doesn't take long.
Andy
Tak NJP, AP Mach1+trl36, Kenko Skymemo
Tak TOA-130, AT10RC.
Atik 383L+ color & mono
Various Canon L lenses
Lodestar
Canon T2i, 5D2, XS
more astro stuff....

andysea

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 06:24:17 pm »
James, one more thing.
If you want to send me one of your raw subs I can debayer it with pixinsight and tell you what the matrix is.
It would be very simple for me to do so let me know.

Andy
Tak NJP, AP Mach1+trl36, Kenko Skymemo
Tak TOA-130, AT10RC.
Atik 383L+ color & mono
Various Canon L lenses
Lodestar
Canon T2i, 5D2, XS
more astro stuff....

ruitripa

• Atik Staff
    • Atik Cameras
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:42:16 pm »
Hello,

Like Steve said, different software handles this differently. A good technique is to take a daylight or indoor image of a target of well known color (use a IR block filter if the target is illuminated by the sun), and experiment with offsets until color is similar.
Rui Tripa