Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik Infinity Colour - Yellow Cast  (Read 11032 times)

roelb

Atik Infinity Colour - Yellow Cast
« on: October 01, 2016, 03:03:46 am »
Hello,

I've just had 3 sessions with my new Infinity Colour.
Most of my images have a yellow cast.
Histogram adjustments don't seem improve this behaviour.

manu33

Re: Atik Infinity Colour - Yellow Cast
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:49:20 pm »
Hello,

Hi Roelb,

same problem on all my images as I tested with a UV / IR cut.

it is a good camera, but this problem of color will probably rule in the next update, you can remove the color in Photoshop by desaturating yellow

Manu

roelb

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 11:52:43 pm »
Hello,

Hi Roelb,

same problem on all my images as I tested with a UV / IR cut.

it is a good camera, but this problem of color will probably rule in the next update, you can remove the color in Photoshop by desaturating yellow

Manu

Thanks Manu

elpajare

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:53:00 am »
I'm newby too and have the same issues.

I'm not sure if it is a problem of the Infinity or the object itself. Anyway your picture is nice and with a lot of details.

A little work with GIMP can do a better presentation, someone said that the post-production tasks are more long and heavy that the picture session itself.

This is your picture with some rapid retouches. I'm sure that an expert will do it very very very much better.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 09:59:26 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working a new infinity version, and it would be good to investigate this as soon as possible. The best thing you can do is send me some raw images that I can analyse so that I can work out how to improve this situation. To do this, you need to use the 'record' feature in infinity. If you hover over the 'R' button, you can select a directory for the images to go into, if you then zip up the folder and send it to me at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com that would be great. I need the raw images in this directory (rather than screenshots, videos, or images saved with the 'save' function, as these contain the raw 'straight out of the camera' images that give me all the information I need.

One quick question to you though, have you got the 'Image Settings -> Colour Bal Type' set to 'AutoAdjust'?

Chris.

elpajare

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 10:13:26 am »
@chris

Yes, always is in "Auto adjust".

Only in some special pictures where the red-yellowish is too accentuate I decrease the RED channel.

Or in others , like H II nebula, I increase RED channel.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

roelb

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 03:59:20 pm »
I'm newby too and have the same issues.

I'm not sure if it is a problem of the Infinity or the object itself. Anyway your picture is nice and with a lot of details.

A little work with GIMP can do a better presentation, someone said that the post-production tasks are more long and heavy that the picture session itself.

This is your picture with some rapid retouches. I'm sure that an expert will do it very very very much better.

Thanks.
For EAA purposes post-processing is more or less a "not done".

elpajare

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 06:13:32 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, what does it mean "EAA"?
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

roelb

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 11:03:02 pm »
Forgive my ignorance, what does it mean "EAA"?

EAA = "Electronically Assisted Astronomy"
see Cloudy Night forum: http://www.cloudynights.com/forum/73-eaa-observation-and-equipment/
In short: practically "in real time" imaging/observing.
The EAA forum rules can be found here: http://www.cloudynights.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=73
Their you find a description of what EAA implies.
Their are other fora devoting "Video Astronomy", which is another term used for this kind of "observing".
Kind Regards and clear skies.
Roel

elpajare

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 11:28:18 pm »
Thanks for the information, Roel.

I don't know this part of Cloudynights forum. Problems with the idiom.

Very interesting and a lot of themes of interest to read.

Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

roelb

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 12:55:15 am »
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working a new infinity version, and it would be good to investigate this as soon as possible. The best thing you can do is send me some raw images that I can analyse so that I can work out how to improve this situation. To do this, you need to use the 'record' feature in infinity. If you hover over the 'R' button, you can select a directory for the images to go into, if you then zip up the folder and send it to me at ChrisG@atik-cameras.com that would be great. I need the raw images in this directory (rather than screenshots, videos, or images saved with the 'save' function, as these contain the raw 'straight out of the camera' images that give me all the information I need.

One quick question to you though, have you got the 'Image Settings -> Colour Bal Type' set to 'AutoAdjust'?

Chris.

Hello Chris,

I've sent you an email with a link to some recorded data.
Regards.

bikerdib

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 02:27:12 pm »
I solve this by selecting manual color balance and adding just a little blue.  Doing it this way you don't loose any detail in the image but it brings it back to a more natural color.

elpajare

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 06:40:11 pm »
Thanks for the tip.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

roelb

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 01:10:21 am »
I solve this by selecting manual color balance and adding just a little blue.  Doing it this way you don't loose any detail in the image but it brings it back to a more natural color.

Thanks I'll try.

CrashEd

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 06:06:05 pm »
Hi Everyone,

Chris.

First post here, so hi to all.

Did the yellow cast issue get resolved?

I received my Colour Infinity the other day and got first light on it last night. Very impressive even in my inexperienced hands.

I did experience a yellow cast in most of the images however. I was using the latest version from the website. Does the latest beta version solve the issue? (Or it could be my lack of experience!)

Cheers,
Ed