Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Camera Lens with Atik infinity  (Read 5668 times)

BillB

Camera Lens with Atik infinity
« on: October 06, 2016, 09:22:03 pm »
Hi all

just wondered if anyone else has tried a standard camera lens attached to the infinity? I have just tried it with a Canon f2.8 on a tripod, no guiding at all, clouds drifting pass and loads of LP where I live and although the initial image wasn't brilliant after some levels and curves in Photoshop I saw exactly what the infinity can do. I chose half a second exposure no binning after focussing in the finder mode. This was just a test to make sure I could focus with the Geoptic lens adaptor I used, I plan to piggyback it on my mount. I did stack as many as I could but after a while it gives up due I think to field rotation and no guiding, here is the before and after images. Would be interested to know if anyone else has done this instead of going down the Hyperstar route.

Cheers

BillB

StarMike

Re: Camera Lens with Atik infinity
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 01:37:44 pm »
Nice!.  Looking forward to see some wide field images from you

elpajare

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 02:13:50 pm »
Nice picture. And good lens.

Piggyback can do fantastic shots at big bright nebula.

Looking forward too.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

JimH123

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 06:36:39 am »
I have done the camera lenses with the Infinity.  I use Sony cameras so have to make my own adapter which works real good now.  I also adapted my M42 lenses to be able to do this too.

The adapters low me to use the Infinity with mush lower focal lengths which captures a wider field of view.