Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Latest images using the new Atik Infinity software  (Read 9193 times)

Astrogate

Latest images using the new Atik Infinity software
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:11:46 pm »
Here are some images captured live using the newly released Atik Infinity software. I am so impressed with this latest version/upgrade that it now makes the Infinity act like a whole new camera. I want to thank Chris Golden the software programmer of Atik for a terrific job. Also would like to thank Steve Chambers for making all this possible and Jo for her dedication to helping out new users of this camera.

Here is the California nebula captured using my Canon 100 mm macro lens @ f/2.8, an Orion 7 nm Ha filter and my mono Infinity camera. It is a combined stack two different exposures with one at 2 x 240 seconds and the other at 2 x 300 seconds with NO post processing just used the fine histogram controls.

Chris Appleton
Astrogate
Modify message

Astrogate

Re: Latest images using the new Atik Infinity software
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 09:14:59 pm »
Here is M76 captured using my RC10"@ F4.3, an Astronomik UHC filter and my color Infinity camera. It is a stack of 4 at 180 seconds with NO post processing just used the saturation, brightness and fine histogram controls.

Chris A
Astrogate

Astrogate

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:15:36 pm »
Here is M1 captured at only 32 degree altitude using my RC10"@ F4.3, an Astronomik UHC filter and my color Infinity camera. It is a stack of 4 at 180 seconds with NO post processing just used the saturation, brightness and fine histogram controls.

Chris A
Astrogate

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 09:16:09 pm »
Here is NGC 7635 captured using my RC10"@ F4.3, an Astronomik UHC filter and my color Infinity camera. It is a stack of 3 at 240 seconds with NO post processing just used the saturation, brightness and fine histogram controls. All images last night were capture using a 3/4 phased moon still up high.

Chris A
Astrogate

elpajare

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:39:58 am »
Nice pictures.

I'm expecting clear sky for use mine and try the new software.
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

StarMike

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 02:42:39 pm »
Here is NGC 7635 captured using my RC10"@ F4.3, an Astronomik UHC filter and my color Infinity camera. It is a stack of 3 at 240 seconds with NO post processing just used the saturation, brightness and fine histogram controls. All images last night were capture using a 3/4 phased moon still up high.

Chris A
Astrogate

Great images Chris!   I assume with the long exposures, you were using guiding?

Astrogate

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:56:11 am »
Nice pictures.

I'm expecting clear sky for use mine and try the new software.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Astrogate

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 04:57:21 am »

Chris A
Astrogate

Great images Chris!   I assume with the long exposures, you were using guiding?

Thank you very much Mike and yes I was guiding the sub-images.

Cheers,

Chris

Jo

• Atik Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 10:02:43 am »
Wonderful images as always, Chris.

Really pleased to hear you like the software update, you're clearly getting on very well with it! Thank you for your kind words too  :)

StarMike

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 12:57:14 pm »
I had my first clear night since the new software last night and it worked great.  My favorite piece is the new Histogram control.  I also used the cross-hairs to center objects.  Thanks Atik for the continued work on the software