Atik Cameras

Author Topic: New Infinity software - issues  (Read 7508 times)

John.Sankus

New Infinity software - issues
« on: October 20, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »
I downloaded the most recent version of the Infinity software, where you can use the new cross-hairs (thanks!) and longer exposures.  Great job so far, very nice features added, however, I am having issues with the way I used to be able to use the software now:

I use the finder mode (eye icon) with 0.5 second exposures and binning 2 so I can see objects to center, if needed when moving to a new target.  This used to allow an auto range and auto adjust the histogram accordingly.  Now with the new version it will uncheck it as soon as it changes and will not allow it to be rechecked.  I have had problems when switching to video mode as well when I want to take a longer exposure, the first frame comes up, auto range is already checked, then after the first frame appears, it will uncheck and not auto adjust the histo until I check it again.  Even then when checked and stacking images, if I set to MeanSD and change the SMR numbers, it will uncheck again.

Anyone else having problems like this?

Last night I reccorded my session, so you can see it first hand:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWGH2mKMRg

thanks.

John.Sankus

Re: New Infinity software - issues
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 05:00:28 pm »
I will have to try again, but I did remove completely from my system and reinstalled.  Will let you know IF that fixes it.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 11:58:09 am »
Hi John,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Changing between the modes will load the different settings for that mode (so if finder is in 'auto adjust' and video is in manual, changing from finder to video would set the stretching to manual. However, not being able to check the auto adjust box is a bug. I haven't heard of this happening before, and I can't think what might be causing it. Could you send me some times where it happened on the video so I can see it for myself. If you can send the following directory to support@atik-cameras.com that would be very useful:

C:\ProgramData\Atik\Infinity

ProgramData is a hidden folder, so it’s best to copy the address and paste it into file explorers address bar. To send the folder, ‘Right Click the folder -> Send to -> compressed (zipped) folder’. This will create a zip file, which you can then attach to an email and send to support.

Chris.

StarMike

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 02:07:45 pm »
John, I have not seen this happening on mine.  Very odd.

John.Sankus

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 04:00:57 am »
Thanks Chris, I am going to try the software after a full removal and reinstall again possibly tomorrow night, if I still see the issues, I will record a new video session, mark down the times it happens so you can see what I am doing, and zip up the program data files as requested.

Thanks for your support, this is still a very good camera AND software package.

Astrogate

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 10:59:07 pm »
Hi Chris,

There is a bug in the latest Infinity software and it affects the Auto Range feature in both the Finder and Video mode. When the Auto Range is selected all of the choices work in both Finder and Video mode except for Mean SD. When you check the Auto Range box it appears when all other choices are select but as soon as you select Mean SD the Auto Range check mark disappears. Also when the Mean SD is selected and you then put a check mark in Auto Range as soon as the exposure is completed the check mark disappears. Hope this gets fixed soon please!

Chris A
Astrogate

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:46:33 am »
Hi John / Chris,

OK, looks like I've managed to see it here to! It seems the new histogram control is fighting with the auto adjust. I've fixed this now and will upload the latest today.

Chris.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 11:59:05 am »
Hi John/Chris

It's online now (Version 4.1.0.8 )

Chris.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 08:50:44 am by ChrisGolden »

roelb

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 01:21:26 am »
Thanks. When weather improves, I will try out.
(had same issue)

StarMike

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 07:27:46 pm »
I did the install.  Is there an "about" box somewhere that shows what version you are running?

roelb

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 10:26:48 pm »
I did the install.  Is there an "about" box somewhere that shows what version you are running?

Minimise program and hover over Infinity icon in task bar.
Latest version = 1.4.0.2

StarMike

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:39 pm »
Thanks

bikerdib

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 09:37:12 pm »
I just downloaded the latest version.  First I want to say that I tried 3 times and the download would get to about 70% then fail.  I finally tried the alternative link for download and it went quickly and completely.  There must have been lots of traffic trying the download.

After installing the update I tried playing with some FIT files.  the new version is much more stable.  Thanks to the developers.