Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Is latest version of software compatible with Windows xp?  (Read 6082 times)

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
Is latest version of software compatible with Windows xp?
« on: October 27, 2016, 01:37:56 pm »
Chris ever since you sorted xp on my old laptop  as you advised I haven't changed anything...........!!

Is v1.4 OK to install on that veteran ? I have got v1.4 on my  win10 and so far that is brilliant but I hope to temviewr the old laptop from the observation or local to the scope to the win 10  laptop inside

Dare I upgrade the xp machine?

Best regards

David

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Is latest version of software compatible with Windows xp?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »
Hi David,

You'll have to remind me which version of the software you currently have installed. Are you using the 'new' or 'old' drivers? If you're using the 'new' drivers, then I'd say go ahead and upgrade, there's nothing new in there that would stop it from working. If you're using the old drivers, I'd be a bit more cautious. That being said, it should work on XP, but the only problem is we don't have an XP machine here and it would be very difficult to fix any problems that occur.

I hope that helps.

Chris.

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 12:35:14 pm »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I am currently at Kielder and on move to Galloway tomorrow where wifi maybe a bit less intermittent.

My XP is running infinity beta v3.1.0.6 and driver is libsub 1.0  dated 13.06.2013 with id: usb/vid_20E7&PID_DF3F/6&A96B304&0&4.

at the time in March when you sorted me out I remember you spent some time offline sorting files and then reinstalling them on my machine, hence my nervousness to install v1.4 on the xp machine.

If I can provide more info. to the above let me know.

Best regards

David

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 07:12:29 pm »
Just installed the latest update V4.1.0.9 on my XP machine - runs fine.
Thanks for the excellent update.

John

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 01:47:27 pm »
Thanks for the report, John,

I will give it a try............ we are promised a clear sky here tonight so I will leave it to tomorrow as a job for a rainy Day!

David

aztecdave

• BaseBetaTester
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:53:33 pm »
A chance tonight at last to try my infinity with the latest software on my xp machine. It ran a treat........... so I too confirm that the latest software is compatible with Windows xp.

I was using my Orion Optics OMC 250 f9 and with a restricted sky was finding difficulty looking for targets that would fit the field of view. I tried a 0.5 focal reducer on the 1.25 nose piece but couldn't reach in focus.... so will need to solve that.

Then the moon came up.

Thanks again Chris, for all your good work.

David a.k.a Aztecdave

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 01:20:57 pm »
Hi David,

Glad it's working for you. Thanks for letting me know.

Chris.