Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Artemis .fits file loading into Matlab  (Read 5471 times)

RPElektrone

Artemis .fits file loading into Matlab
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:18:03 am »
Hi!

My first post here! :) I am using an Atik 314 camera for taking images through a microscope. Camera works fine, Artemis Software works also fine (after getting accustomed to its quirkinesses). BUT I can't load the .fits file with Matlab, although it has a command for this.
https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/fitsread.html

Does anyone have any experience with loading these files into Matlab?
Any documentation of the .fits file format that Artemis is using?
I am pretty sure that with appropriate paramters the Matlab command would be able to read the file.

Thanks!
RPE

RPElektrone

Re: Artemis .fits file loading into Matlab
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:25:06 am »
Just figured out that it must be Matlab's fault, since "fitsread" fails if the data is on a windows network shared drive. Handling .fits files locally works fine. I'll have to contact Matlab and notify them about this bug.

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Artemis .fits file loading into Matlab
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 09:45:49 am »
Hi RPE,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for the follow up and glad you're able to load the files, hope the bug gets sorted with Matlab.

Jo

Rozaliamut

Artemis fits file loading into M
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:41:23 am »
Hello everyone,

I am using QHYCCD5-III and for my research, I need to save my video in FITS format. is there a software that is suitable with the camera and can save video in FITS file? I currently use SharpCap, but it only allows to save still images in FITS. if there aren't any software to record, is there any software to "stitch" the still images into a FITS video?

P/S; the computing software that I use requires to have FITS file so its very important to have FITS format video.