Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero - Can’t Connect to Camera  (Read 5393 times)

paulyman

Raspberry Pi Zero - Can’t Connect to Camera
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:04:48 am »
Hi all,

I have an Infinity that I wish to connect via my Raspberry Pi Zero W for two reasons; 1. I already have one and 2. The small form factor will work nicely attached to my Celestron Evolution mount. So far I have managed to get AtikAir recognising the Pi and can see AtikAirService is running. But if I open the Infinity  software it says “None” and I get no warnings otherwise, when I try ArtemisCapture I do get a warning that it can’t connect to an Atik camera. So I am assuming the issue is with ArtemisHscService? 

Love the camera itself, works brilliantly on my little Evo6.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

paulyman

Re: Raspberry Pi Zero - Can’t Connect to Camera
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 12:11:27 pm »
Unfortunately things have taken a major turn for the worse. Had family around this evening and now Infinity fails to load AT ALL, even after uninstalling, removing drivers, restarting, reinstalling and restarting again! My camera is now 100% unusable on my computer. My nephew who was interested in astronomy left bored after 30 minutes of trying to get this thing working. Not happy AT ALL. Absolutely gutted and not at all sure what to do now.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
Re: Raspberry Pi Zero - Can’t Connect to Camera
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 09:49:41 am »
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. My first thought regarding the infinity software no longer connecting is that you still have the atik air app pointing at your raspberry pi. Can you check the AtikAir app and make sure you have it set to 'local'.

With regards to the Raspberry Pi zero. I've only ever tried it on a raspberry pi 3, so am unsure if it'll work on that device. The atik air image for the raspberry pi makes use of the wifi built into the raspberry pi 3 and so, without knowing much about the raspberry pi zero, it's difficult to say what the problem might be. However, if it's recognizing the pi, then there should be hope. Can you get it to connect to devices when the raspberry pi is connect to an ethernet cable?

Chris