Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik9 does not cool properly, only reaches -16 ° C  (Read 5271 times)

doctormemo

Atik9 does not cool properly, only reaches -16 ° C
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:46:39 am »
Hi. I just bought a ATIK 9 camera, and it is not cooling, it only reaches - 16.1 degrees centigrade and nop can lower the temperature. It had previously cooled to -20 ° C, but not more than -16 ° C

The ambient temperature is 21 ° C, the programmed to lower to -20 ° C and only reaches -16 ° C

Also in exposures of 600 seconds, hot pixels appear.

I use  Artemis Capture Version 4.5.0.0

Thanks for your help.

Dr. Memo Guerrero

Jo

• Atik Staff
Re: Atik9 does not cool properly, only reaches -16 ° C
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:25:35 am »
Hello Dr Memo Guerrero,

The cooling figure is a delta. We specify a 38°C delta for the Atik One 9.0, so the camera can cool to 38 degrees below the ambient temperature. So if your ambient temperature is 21°, and the camera is reaching -16°, that is actually a 37° delta, so I really wouldn't be too concerned. However, I appreciate that's still 1° off specification, so please do drop our support team an email on support[at]atik-cameras.com to check everything's okay.

If you also send them a FITs file showing the hot pixels you're concerned about, they can take a look at those too, though it's not uncommon to see a small number on these kinds of sensors.

I hope that helps,
Jo

doctormemo

Re: Atik9 does not cool properly, only reaches -16 ° C
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05:07 am »
Thank you very much.
I appreciate the clarification and any situation I will let you know.

Dr. Memo Guerrerio