Atik Cameras

Author Topic: ATIK Mono Infinity Testing  (Read 10194 times)

JimH123

Re: ATIK Mono Infinity Testing
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 06:11:46 am »
I haven't started using filters yet, but I will.  I did buy a manual filter wheel and have bought some filters for it.  One of these days, I will dive in.

bwa

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 02:45:04 am »
Amp glow is a gradual brightening towards the edge of an image; normally towards the lower left corner from my experience.  It is very well controlled in both the Infinity and UltraStar but can start to show up in longer exposures.  It can be removed by applying Darks.  It is also fairly easy to eliminate in postprocessing.  In my old Mallincam Universe, amp glow could ruin the left third of an image; not nice!
[/quote]

Hi bwa,

I was wondering if you are still using Mallincam Universe? It is maybe not an equal comparison but how do you compare it to Atik Infinity? Are you still using MU?

Thanks!

Arenosa
[/quote]
I no longer have any Mallincam products.  After using and disliking three of their cameras I'm done with Mallincam products!

There is no comparison with the ATIK Infinity system!  Maybe if you were really into "astro-video" or EAA the Mallincam would be an option BUT I am using the ATIK Infinity cameras for imaging and liking them a lot!

bwa
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:48:48 am by bwa »

bwa

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 02:50:44 am »
Hello everyone,

I was wondering which filter wheel are you guys using with your Atik Mono Infinity?

cheers,
arenosa
I'm using ATIK's motorized filterwheel on the mono Infinity and a manual filterwheel and Starzonia filter slider on the color Infinity.

bwa