Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Filter wheel  (Read 428 times)

gmillerok1

Filter wheel
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:32:17 PM »
I have an order for a new Atik 16200. Are there any plans for a seven position 2" filter wheel?

Gerald

Steve

• Atik Staff
Re: Filter wheel
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:55:20 AM »
We know its a bit of an admission in our product line. We have one project that is in development ahead of this but we expect to have a 7 or 8 position 2" wheel in a few months. 
Best
Steve

gmillerok1

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 12:00:42 AM »
I think you meant "omission" rather than admission, but it's good to know you are working on it or at least plan on adding it to your line in the future. I selected the Atik 16200 because of what appears to be a superior design and quality of the product, but to be honest, the lack of a seven position wheel nearly pulled me to one of the other 16200's available, all of which already have seven or eight position wheels designed to go along with it. So I can not emphasis enough the importance, and the priority, the addition of a seven position wheel should be to stay competitive in this market.

Gerald

accordc11

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 03:20:04 AM »
We know its a bit of an admission in our product line. We have one project that is in development ahead of this but we expect to have a 7 or 8 position 2" wheel in a few months. 
Best
Steve

Hi Steve, it has been about 5 months since this post and was just wondering if there was any updates on the 7 or 8 position 2" wheel coming out soon?  Thanks so much.

Steve

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 12:28:48 PM »
Hello,

We are now actively working on this filterwheel.  I am attaching a picture of the 3D plastic printed mock up.  An announcement on our website should not be long off.

Best
Steve

accordc11

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 08:04:26 PM »
Hello,

We are now actively working on this filterwheel.  I am attaching a picture of the 3D plastic printed mock up.  An announcement on our website should not be long off.

Best
Steve
Thank you, Steve.  Will this be a 7 position filter wheel for 2" mounted filters or for 50mm unmounted filters?  Thanks!

Steve

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Hi,  both options will be available.
Cheers
Steve.

accordc11

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 08:16:40 PM »
Hi,  both options will be available.
Cheers
Steve.
Hi Steve, thank you. 

Do you know when the 7 position efw will be available for order?  I just received my new Atik 16200 but am debating whether to wait for the 7 position efw.  Thank you.