Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Strange Things When Taking Flats  (Read 4699 times)

eoverstreet

Strange Things When Taking Flats
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:11:43 pm »
I am seeing weird things when taking flats with my Atik383L OSC camera.  I am taking 10.08 second flats with a Flat Light Panel.   I did a Flats Calibration Wizard in Sequence Generator Pro that set the flat exposure based on 30,000 adu.   But check out the image and tell me what you think is going on.    I know enough to be dangerous....

eoverstreet

Re: Strange Things When Taking Flats
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »
I went ahead and did a batch process in PixInsight and stretched the image (this is non linear) ...but there has been no adjustments...no crop....nada.  I just registered, calibrated, and stacked the images then stretched and saved as a jpg file.   But I processed this without using the insane flats.

For the record, I took 100 flats and the artifacts - debris - moisture whatever it is changed through-out the 100 pics.   In other words...not two are exactly alike....close but not exact.  And very noticable changes when comparing the first with the last flat.

eoverstreet

Re: Strange Things When Taking Flats
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
Update!   Just in case you want to know what 'icing" looks like.  The lead post has a pic of it.  I contacted support with that picture and they confirmed that it was the sensor was "icing" up.  So I removed the desiccant tabs and cooked them at 400 degrees farenheit for one hour....let the tabs sit out of the camera for 24 hours as well as leaving the cover off the camera. I just got through taking some flats.   

Problem solved.  Thanks support!

I have attached a flat (obviously not debayered)