Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Orig CB  (Read 7933 times)

theoatc

Orig CB
« on: March 21, 2017, 03:09:28 pm »
Newbie here..first light with infinity only last night.Couple questions raised ...
1) what is  Orig CB on feature ?how it works?
2) i get a lot frames not stacked ,but seeing last night was very poor ,humidity on the scope,so  i ll recheck that.
3) i have to push  the play button at least twice ,during a capture ,because it stops taking pictures even with the auto reset stack unchecked.I am using a li ion battery which lasts according to my calculations more than 5 hours,so itsn't power drop(the infinity logo is showing up constantly in  the sw) .
4) i can΄t get the replay fuction working .Eventhough i am pointing to the software the correct path ,the are no fits files to be found (i guess it saves automatically in fits format) .As a result  i can save only one image each time ,i cannot stack all the individual frames into deep sky stacker.
5)Do you suggest using an ir cut filter or the sw works better without it.Currently , i am using one.
equipment is nexstar evolution 6 ,focal reducer meade 6,3 ( the old good japanese)
thanks for your time,probably  i am the single owner of an infinity here in Greece, so litttle or no help around here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:07:42 pm by theoatc »

theoatc

Re: Orig CB
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 08:34:31 am »
Newbie here..first light with infinity only last night.Couple questions raised ...
1) what is  Orig CB on feature ?how it works?
2) i get a lot frames not stacked ,but seeing last night was very poor ,humidity on the scope,so  i ll recheck that.
3) i have to push  the play button at least twice ,during a capture ,because it stops taking pictures even with the auto reset stack unchecked.I am using a li ion battery which lasts according to my calculations more than 5 hours,so itsn't power drop(the infinity logo is showing up constantly in  the sw) .
4) i can΄t get the replay fuction working .Eventhough i am pointing to the software the correct path ,the are no fits files to be found (i guess it saves automatically in fits format) .As a result  i can save only one image each time ,i cannot stack all the individual frames into deep sky stacker.
5)Do you suggest using an ir cut filter or the sw works better without it.Currently , i am using one.
equipment is nexstar evolution 6 ,focal reducer meade 6,3 ( the old good japanese)
thanks for your time,probably  i am the single owner of an infinity here in Greece, so litttle or no help around here.

anyone???

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:37:29 am »
Hi Theoatc

In answer to your questions:
1) The Orig CB function was added when we changed how we calculated the colour. For those who wanted to compare with the original way, we added that checkbox.
2) Sometimes the images will struggle to stack if conditions are bad. If the problem persists, you should send us some data using the replay option and we can take a look. (We need the replay data as this contains more information which will help get to the bottom of the problem).
3) That seems strange. I haven't heard of that happening before. Could you send the following directory to support@atik-cameras.com:
C:\ProgramData\Atik\Infinity.
It might contain info to tell me what's going on.
Note: The auto reset function doesn't control the play button, its an option to reset the stack completely if an image fails to stack.
4) After selecting the directory are you pressing the record button? You need to press the button in order for the images to be saved.
5) The choice is yours. It's not something I've done, but it's something you'll probably want to experiment with.

Chris

theoatc

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 02:02:49 pm »
Thanks for replying. Regarding the replay function, I point folder then I press play, as you are telling me. But no images found in the directory, only those which I press the save but for, the final stack. I ll experiment again tomorrow night, and I I ll the directories you asked.
Thanks again

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:04:33 pm »
Hi Theoatc

You need to press the 'R' button to start recording. Let me know how you get on.

Chris.

theoatc

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 07:07:38 am »
Thanks for replying. Regarding the replay function, I point folder then I press play, as you are telling me. But no images found in the directory, only those which I press the save but for, the final stack. I ll experiment again tomorrow night, and I I ll the directories you asked.
Thanks again
ok ,most of problems solved.One last question.I tried to stack the individual frames in deep sky stacker.The result image wasn't LRGB ,but grey (saved in tiff format ).As a result ,when i try to prosess it in photoshop the final result is in grey mode .Any ideas?

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 10:39:25 am »
Hi Theoatc,

Hmm... That's strange. It should save it in colour. Are you binning the image when you take it? Binned colour images are always mono. Also, which settings are you using when you save it? I.e which mode and 'is8bit'?

Chris.

theoatc

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 03:47:41 pm »
Hi Theoatc,

Hmm... That's strange. It should save it in colour. Are you binning the image when you take it? Binned colour images are always mono. Also, which settings are you using when you save it? I.e which mode and 'is8bit'?

Chris.

when i capture,binning 1 in settings ,
 images i manually save ,i do it 16 bit , which is in color.
The individual frames ,in the replay data folder,are grey fits...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:51:31 pm by theoatc »

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 04:11:19 pm »
Hi Theoatc,

Ah, the FITS files are always saved in grey, you will need to debayer them in a different program if you want to restore the colour.

Chris.

bwa

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 01:52:37 am »
The camera has very good response to the IR spectrum and no built-in uv/ir filter.  I find I get better focus and sharper stars when using a uv/ir filter.

bwa

theoatc

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 06:54:11 am »
The camera has very good response to the IR spectrum and no built-in uv/ir filter.  I find I get better focus and sharper stars when using a uv/ir filter.

bwa

thanks for the tip