Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Remove the adapter ring from the filter wheel  (Read 6728 times)

CCD_Stefan

Remove the adapter ring from the filter wheel
« on: December 01, 2016, 02:09:51 pm »
Hello,
On the camera side is a T2 thread.
But I would like to adapt another adapter by itself, that would have this ring away. How can I solve the?

Stefan
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:04:56 pm by CCD_Stefan »
Stefan

vince

• Atik Staff
Re: Remove the adapter ring from the filter wheel
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 10:57:08 am »
Hello Stefan,

The camera adaptor is removed by slackening the two grub screws at the top of the wheel, please see the user manual http://www.atik-cameras.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/EFW2.pdf

Best regards
Vince

LauraMS

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 03:51:54 pm »
Hello,

I have removed the adaptor ring, but unfortunately I thought I would night to unloose the three Allen screws around it (instead of the two grub screws). Are they for adjustment purposes? I appear to have some issues with obliqueness of the sensor plane now but I am not shure if it is really coming from temporarily removing those screws.

Best, Laura

certhas

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »
I have removed the adaptor ring, but unfortunately I thought I would night to unloose the three Allen screws around it (instead of the two grub screws). Are they for adjustment purposes?

No, their purpose is only to screw the Atik OAG directly to the filter wheel. You could try to loosen the 2 grub screws again and rotate the adapter and press it down when fastening the grub screws again, maybe there is a mark caused by tightening the grub screws to much on the adapter which could cause a slight tilt.