Atik Cameras

Author Topic: CCDSoft compatibility, drivers, plug-ins, etc. for Atik devices  (Read 6286 times)

snovosel

CCDSoft compatibility, drivers, plug-ins, etc. for Atik devices
« on: September 22, 2012, 03:03:36 pm »
Good day all,

Does anyone have experience using CCDSoft with the Atik11000 and EFW2?  I can only get CCDS to recognize "Atik" as a camera choice but not "11000" in the advanced tab for camera settings (as it does with MaxIm DL5). Also I cannot at all get the EFW2 to be recognized as either an ASCOM device or in any other way. "ASCOM" does not appear in the settings tab drop down menu for filter wheels. I called Software Bisque yesterday and all I got from them was, "No one is here to answer that question, you have to post it on our support forum."  So much for good old made-in-the-USA product support.  :o

Thanks.

Steve

chrisjbaileyuk

Re: CCDSoft compatibility, drivers, plug-ins, etc. for Atik devices
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:27:17 am »
Steve

On the camera front you have two choices. The Artemis CCDSoft Plug in seems to work with my 382 and 460 so I have no reason to doubt it will work with yours. You dont get that many options but it does work. The other option is to install all the CCDSoft Ascom Plug-Ins and go via Ascom.

The FW needs Ascom. You need the X2 Ascom drivers for The SkyX and then the CCDSoft Ascom FW driver from here https://www.bisque.com/sc/members/evwark/files/AscomWheelCCDSoft.zip.aspx that then gives you an Ascom FW option in CCDSoft. You will need the Atik EFW Ascom driver set too.

Hope that all makes sense.

Chris