Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity hot pixels at 60s exposure  (Read 5164 times)

jcinpv

Infinity hot pixels at 60s exposure
« on: June 02, 2017, 06:07:58 am »
Wow! The number of hot pixels at 60s is - a LOT! It's a good thing that doing frame stacking removes ALL of them.
The attached image shows a single dark frame and a single light frame for comparison.

bwa

Re: Infinity hot pixels at 60s exposure
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:09:31 am »
About right for a high sensitivity camera...  Particularly if you're imaging under high ambient temperatures.

bwa

SonnyE

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:28:00 pm »
I began with longer and longer exposures, because that was how I was able to image with my old inferior camera.
But very recently found that using shorter exposures, but many more of them, has given me an improvement.
I always referred to the hot pixels as my "Rainbow Sprinkles" with my old camera.
But with the Infinity, any hotties are very tiny, and the shorter exposures seem to have at least made them disappear into the star field.
The image develops on the program much slower using the shorter times, even though it is ticking right along. But think of it as an Air Brush, compared to a high pressure paint sprayer.
Air Brush - Detail.
HPPS - thrown bucket of paint.  :P
So my suggesting is shorter exposures, and as many as you like to gather the detail.
Here is 25 second exposures, but 100 stacked. Then very lightly processed.

2star

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 07:01:33 pm »
Nice image