Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity not working  (Read 9669 times)

gsteele

Infinity not working
« on: July 02, 2017, 10:24:48 pm »
Recently purchased an Infinity color, it doesn't work.  I loaded the software (made sure I ticked the "drivers" box, and Infinity software) on a Macbook Pro (VMWare and Windows 10) and on my work laptop (Dell, Windows 10).  Here's what happens, regardless of the machine I'm running:  The camera connects and the Camera Connection Status turns green.  Using finder mode or video mode I select the Play button and the Progress Bar tracks the exposure time.  The image field is either all white or all black, no indication of an image.  After a few seconds, the Progress Bar quits moving, the software has locked up.  No buttons work.  After an additional 30 seconds I receive a Windows message indicating that Infinity has quit responding, and I can choose to shut it down or recover the program.

I made sure all system software on the Mac and Dell are up-to-date.

Any suggestions?

ForumAdmin

• Administrator
Re: Infinity not working
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:20:25 am »
Hello,

You may want to try a different USB cable if you have one.  If this does not resolve the issue then please send us an email to our support.  Support at Atik-cameras.com
Thanks
Steve

gsteele

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 09:30:40 pm »
Steve, thanks for the reply.  I've tried 3 different USB cables, same results.  I'll email Atik support.

Shadh

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 12:25:27 am »
Hi all first post here.

Can you please update in case you find a solution as I have the same problem. The software keeps getting stuck for a while making it impossible  to work with.

For the time being I'm using an older version from last year August which runs well all the while also using sharpcap 3.

ust

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:40:38 am »
Hi,
Are there any updates on this?
I'm facing the same problem under windows 10 using the brand new USB cable provided by Atik: The software keeps getting stuck for a while making it impossible to work with.
Assigning the highest priority in the Windows Task Manager and in the settings of the graphic card reduced to issue slightly but did not resolve it.
Thanks
Urs

gsteele

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 07:42:09 pm »
Good Afternoon,
I apologize for the delay in responding.  An extended business trip prevented me from using the camera for several days.  Here's the latest:  I ran the Artemis De-bug tool simultaneously with the Infinity software.  I then sent the de-bug report to Chris (Atik support).  Chris provided updated Infinity software to try, which is where I'm at right now.  Prior to leaving for my business trip, I ran the updated Infinity software for 30 minutes with no crashes (due to rain, I used the camera in the house).  I'm hoping to take the camera out this weekend (weather permitting) when I return home.

ust

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 05:22:42 pm »
Hi,
Just a quick update from myside. I also received and updated software version from Chris (Atik Support). This version works much better. He continues to apply further fixes.
However, based on my tests the unreliable power plug into the camera can also cause the above described freezing issue (even if Infinity indicates that the camera is still connected). Attaching the plug with a rubber band to the camera helped. Until now I no longer encountered such freezes. 
Apparently Atik put together a new power cable with a screw-in cable connector for the Infinity camera. Details can be found here: https://www.atik-cameras.com/news/atik-infinity-power-cables/
I ordered such a connector/power cable via my dealer.
Hope this helps
Regards
Urs

elpajare

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 08:05:38 am »
I have had a lot of problems of connection with Infinity. I had updated the last software and problems remains.

What happens

Install software and drivers.

Open the program and NO BUTTONS works. Camera don't connect.

Im using Windows 10 and Atik appears in the device system with his drivers updated.

Is there any sollution?
Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

ust

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »
Hi,
I suggest to check the following points:
- the power connection to the camera (see my above point). I also faced some issues there. Using a rubber band to attach/secure the power plug helped.
- USB cable: If possible try for example with a different USB cable.
- If I understand Chris from Atik correctly, they will release an updated software version with various fixes within the next days. So maybe it is worth to wait briefly. Otherwise I suggest to contact Atik support directly.
Regards
Urs

elpajare

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 09:34:00 am »
It seems to me very bad that knowing the problem ATIK has not repaired on its own this defect.

What the user would appreciate is that ATIK will take care of the replacement of the defective parts.

Skywatcher 200/800
Celestron 135/650

Atik Infinity

gsteele

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 04:43:04 pm »
I re-built the computer software, re-loaded the Atik software...the Infinity now works!!  Spent several hours imaging last night!  Need to learn how to fine tune the focus, and process images...but it works!

Clear skies to all.

bwa

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 01:40:55 am »
I re-built the computer software, re-loaded the Atik software...the Infinity now works!!  Spent several hours imaging last night!  Need to learn how to fine tune the focus, and process images...but it works!

Clear skies to all.
Glad you got it running!  Both the mono and color Infinities are great little cameras.  Have fun!

bwa

Astrogate

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 04:24:39 pm »

Clear skies to all.

Atik's service is excellent! I sent an email to them when the new power plugs were announced and within 2 weeks (I live in Canada) I received two plugs one for my colour and for my mono Infinity cameras. I just want to say that the original connections never gave me an issue with both cameras losing power since I always held them in place with Velcro straps but, I do like the new thread on types more.

Chris A
Astrogate