Atik Cameras

Author Topic: What driver version to use & other issues  (Read 3257 times)

Astrogate

What driver version to use & other issues
« on: November 02, 2017, 01:43:36 am »
Hi Chris or Jo

I have the planetarium Sky X Pro software and use my both mono and color (at different times for camera control or at the same time one for camera control and the other for guiding) and I am wondering if I should be using the ASCOM driver Atik 1 (for the color Infinity) and Atik 2 (for the mono Infinity) or use one with the ASCOM (either Atik 1 or 2 depending on camera) and the other using the Atik Universal driver? I find both drivers the Atik Universal & ASCOM work the same.

** Also when I am using the Infinity software for capture I do not have to close that program when connected just do not take an exposure and I can plate solve using that same camera with the Sky X software. At the same time I can guide with the other Infinity using either Sky X or PHD 2. I have only tried this with the ASCOM driver Atik 1 (for the color Infinity) and Atik 2 (for the mono Infinity) and it works fine. I have not tried yet the Atik Universal driver and was wondering what do you recommend?

My dilemma is when using the Infinity software. The problem is when I open this program it will connect to the Infinity camera that was first plugged in via USB 2. This is a pain in the butt esp. if I am remote and I want to switch from the color to the mono Infinity or visa versa. Why can there not be a selection where one chooses the driver in the Infinity software? I am thinking about one day getting the Horizon CMOS camera to use with the Infinity software and use that along with my Infinity camera, but the way the Infinity software connects to the cameras, it will still be an issue switching cameras back & forth!

Thank you for any suggestions or perhaps considering changing the camera selection with a driver drop down selection for particular camera models.

Chris A
Astrogate