Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Atik 414C Saving image  (Read 4141 times)

petesandie

Atik 414C Saving image
« on: October 28, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »
Hi everyone I'm a complete novice at this Just got myself an Atik 414C camera when previewing images there in colour but when i save to disc there in greyscale I've try'ed all settings FITS TIFF all i'm getting is grey can anyone point me in right direction as to save a colour image Many Thanks

Anne S

Re: Atik 414C Saving image
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 04:20:59 pm »
You can only save the images as mono. Presumably you have taken a number of identical exposures. These will need calibrating using bias frames which will remove the read noise produced by the camera and flat frames that will remove dust and uneven lighting across your images caused by dust and gradients from things like light pollution etc. As part of this process your images will be debayered which will reveal the colour image. It’s important to do this debayering in the right order as it’s very easy to destroy the colour info,

To test the debayering you can open your mono image in processing software and use a debayer command to see if the colour information is read correctly. If you use the Dawn software, it should know the debayer pattern for your camera.

Most imaging software only shows the individual images as mono with a pattern overlaid which is the bayer matrix. That matrix contains the colour information.

I don’t know if you’ve moved up from a dslr. The dslr does the debayering automatically.
I hope that helps a little. I have a 320e colour so go through the same process to get the colour image.