Atik Cameras

Author Topic: What driver version to use and other issues please?  (Read 6139 times)

Astrogate

What driver version to use and other issues please?
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »
Hi Chris or Jo

I have the planetarium Sky X Pro software and use my both mono and color (at different times for camera control or at the same time one for camera control and the other for guiding) and I am wondering if I should be using the ASCOM driver Atik 1 (for the color Infinity) and Atik 2 (for the mono Infinity) or use one with the ASCOM (either Atik 1 or 2 depending on camera) and the other using the Atik Universal driver? I find both drivers the Atik Universal & ASCOM work the same.

** Also when I am using the Infinity software for capture I do not have to close that program when connected just do not take an exposure and I can plate solve using that same camera with the Sky X software. At the same time I can guide with the other Infinity using either Sky X or PHD 2. I have only tried this with the ASCOM driver Atik 1 (for the color Infinity) and Atik 2 (for the mono Infinity) and it works fine. I have not tried yet the Atik Universal driver and was wondering what do you recommend?

My dilemma is when using the Infinity software. The problem is when I open this program it will connect to the Infinity camera that was first plugged in via USB 2. This is a pain in the butt esp. if I am remote and I want to switch from the color to the mono Infinity or visa versa. Why can there not be a selection where one chooses the driver in the Infinity software? I am thinking about one day getting the Horizon CMOS camera to use with the Infinity software and use that along with my Infinity camera, but the way the Infinity software connects to the cameras, it will still be an issue switching cameras back & forth!

Thank you for any suggestions or perhaps considering changing the camera selection with a driver drop down selection for particular camera models.

Chris A
Astrogate

Astrogate

Re: What driver version to use and other issues please?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:24:14 pm »
This site used to be so helpful and I guess nobody comes here from Atik to help and offer advice these day's?

Chris A
Astrogate

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:39:39 am »
Hi Astrogate,

Sorry for the slow response. In answer to your questions:

1) I would always recommend using the ASCOM drivers. I'm surprised the Atik Universal driver is still there. What version of the software are you using?

2) You should be able to change between the cameras in Infinity by hovering over the green 'Infinity' box (in the top left of the application). It will present a drop down list which will allow you to select between the cameras.

Chris

Astrogate

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 07:42:59 pm »
Hi Chris

Thank you for getting back and I know you guy's must be very busy working on the new Horizon CMOS/Infinity software which hopefully will a a huge hit just like the Infinity camera/software was and still is. You know after using my two Infinity cameras I never even knew that one could hover over the green tab in the Infinity software and be able to select different cameras. Thank you and I will try that out. I and using the latest version 4.1.4.4 from Sept 15/2017 downloaded from the Atik website. ** Chris I do notice but put it off by not mentioning it that the histogram sometimes runs funny in this 4.1.4.4 version where the gamma will end up over the black point and the white point over to the far right even though I have auto histo adjust selected both max peak and SD.

Thanks again!

Chris A

Astrogate

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:38 am »
Okay Chris

I tried what you suggested about putting my cursor over the green Infinity box and a drop-down showed up but it only says "Infinity". I am using and wanting to switch back and forth between my mono and color Infinity but it only has "Infinity" for selection. If you could write in the software or driver a separate mono and color Infinity that would be very helpful for us who use both cameras and want to switch them. Thank you!

Chris A

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »
Hi Astrogate,

Not a bad idea, and one that's actually been suggested before. As it was simple enough, I've just created a new version which includes this feature. To switch it on, you need to go to 'AdvancedSettings' and select 'ShowColourType'. The names will then be followed by either 'Colour' or 'Mono'. You can download the latest from our website:

www.atik-cameras.com/downloads.

Let me know how it goes.

Chris.

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 03:42:00 pm »
Hi Astrogate,

I forgot to mention, the histogram issue you were seeing should be fixed now too.

Chris.

Astrogate

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 07:30:23 pm »
Hi Chris

Thank you again for coming through and doing this for us Infinity dual users. I tried this latest version and I now can switch back & forth between the mono & colour Infinity cameras. Also the histogram looks like it is now working properly so I will be broadcasting live tonight on NSN.com and will confirm that it works for you. Once again thank you for the great support!!

Cheers,

Chris Appleton

Astrogate

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 07:02:52 pm »
Okay Chris I did a live broadcast on NSN.com and the histogram worked flawlessly plus I was able to switch from my mono to my colour Infinity camera in the Infinity software. Awesome job and love the support thank you!!

Chris Appleton
Astrogate

ChrisGolden

• Atik Staff
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 09:18:45 am »
Hi Chris,

I'm glad it went well. If you have a video link of the session, feel free to send it over.

Chris

Astrogate

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »
Sorry Chris, I did not record the broadcast but can record it next time out and send it to Atik.

Cheers,

Chris Appleton