Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Rotation/Orientation of Infinity  (Read 5014 times)

CraigG

Rotation/Orientation of Infinity
« on: December 03, 2017, 03:29:08 pm »
Hello!

I'm the proud owner of a new Infinity Color camera and in the process of tracking down an issue with round shadows appearing in my images with higher brightness settings. My basic question is: if the shadow spots are caused by the scope and I rotate the camera in the optical train, wouldn't the spots then appear in a different location in the camera image? I've done this a couple of times but the spots remain in the same location in the image. Just trying to understand the relationship between the camera orientation and the scope lenses. Thanks for anyone's input!

2star

Re: Rotation/Orientation of Infinity
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 10:43:21 pm »
Hi, I see nobody has replied.
Maybe the round spots are dirt on lens of camera ? just a suggestion.
There are a lot of folk read this Forum but not many help to be frank 

SonnyE

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 11:24:43 pm »
Hi Craig,
I only drift in here now and then.
But I ran across this video tutorial https://www.atik-cameras.com/tutorials/ (Look under the Maintenance tab)
Or if you prefer, YouTube https://youtu.be/ymfhsazauwk (Direct)

Might help identify where the problem is.

Hope that helps.

JohnT

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:25 pm »
Craig, I'm sure they are dust motes on the optical surfaces. The best thing is to take a set of flat frames to calibrate them out.
John

JimH123

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 06:01:57 pm »
Did they look like this?

This is caused by dust and once I used the air bulb to blow on the sensor, it went away.

CraigG

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 12:38:04 pm »
Thanks Jim, John, Sonny and 2star! Haven't checked in for a while and saw your responses just today. Yes, it was a simple issue of dust/debris on the sensor glass. Used a new Pro Master Clean Air Blower..has a one way bellows with a replaceable air filter..to gently clean the sensor. Worked perfectly. Since then, I've been careful to do things that should minimize other debris being deposited on the glass such as gently sliding extensions, focal reducers, etc. in and out of the image train and carefully setting the tripod on the ground when repositioning the scope. So far, so good! Thanks!