Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Is anyone using Nebulosity 4, OSX High Sierra with an ATIK..?  (Read 4415 times)

Barry

Is anyone using Nebulosity 4, OSX High Sierra with an ATIK..?
« on: December 22, 2017, 01:26:32 pm »
  Not Parallels, VM Fusion or Bootcamp...Neb 4, Native OSX...??  I am using the Atik "Universal" setting and the app immediately crashes...Are you having success with High Sierra or any OSX with an Atik...Im not starting a Win/Mac war...I hate Windows and wanna use a Mac...Whhhaaahh...

or Here is an easier one, ..How bout TheSKYX with an Atik (383L+ maybe !!)...Im not payin 350.00 unless I KNOW it works....

or Does the Atik drivers work AT ALL on a Mac...??

Thanks All...

kolstadm

Re: Is anyone using Nebulosity 4, OSX High Sierra with an ATIK..?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 01:40:52 am »
Yes! I’m using the Atik 460ex with Nebulosity, TheSkyX, and AstroImager. My OS is High Sierra (Macbook Pro). I was having some issues until I downloaded the latest Atik Mac driver. I’ve been using TSX as my primary imaging software, but have had success with all of them. Each program has it’s strengths. AstroImager is very stable (and inexpensive). TSX has a lot of features (but expensive). Nebulosity is very good, but does not have an option for the Atik filter wheel (when using the Mac version).

Check out my Astrobin site to see some of my efforts (Michael Kolstad).

Good luck!

MK

Barry

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 12:33:41 am »
Thanks for the reply...I cannot get  Nebulosity for Mac to run at all...I guess Im STUCK with windows..Ill check out your stuff...

kolstadm

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 02:41:53 pm »
Hmmh, two ideas . . .

Idea number 1 -

You might try the following. This was a tip that was given to me from a user (Rudolphe) on the Bisque site.

The issue  is most probably the artemishscservice from Atik. It has ... issues and rebooting temporarily fix the problem.
You can restart it from the command line (in Terminal.app). Use grep to figure out the pid number.

Enter the following in the terminal app:

/bin/ps ax | grep [a]rtemishscservice

You will get a response that looks like this:

20200   ??  Ss     1:22.65 /usr/local/bin/artemishscservice

So here the pid is 20200. You then use the kill command to restart it:

sudo kill -15 20200

This will ask for your password.

Then re-run the ps and grep to make sure it did restart (it should show a different pid number this time).

I run into this on regular basis with my Atik 16200.

This tip works well.

Idea number 2 -

Have you read this page on Nebulosity? http://www.stark-labs.com/prerelease.html

Once the Mac is talking to your camera, it works very well. Like you, I prefer to stay on the Mac platform if possible.

Good luck!

Michael