Atik Cameras

Author Topic: 4k resolution monitors?  (Read 5619 times)

Noah4x4

4k resolution monitors?
« on: January 10, 2018, 04:45:29 pm »
I am still awaiting delivery of my Atik Horizon, but am considering the purchase of a '4K' Ultra HD Monitor.  Has anybody hooked up an Atik Horizon by USB3 to an Intel NUC (or similar) computer that is capable of handling '4k' Ultra HD  graphics and then output the data to a '4K' monitor by HDMI?

Given the Horizon's huge 4644 x 3505 resolution might its large FOV not fit into a typical (1024 x 1080) laptop screen unless one is running everything in lower resolutions? So will it benefit from a 4K graphics card and 4K monitor?

Will Atik Infinity and Artemis software cope at full 16Megapixel resolution? Or is it a case of having to do everything at low resolution, and only apply higher resolutions for a narrow 'Region of Interest'? Or are you stuck at the selected resolution?

Any guidance appreciated (n.b. I have enquired with Atik Support).

dpaul

Re: 4k resolution monitors?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:51:00 pm »
Hi Noah,

I hook my horizon up to a 4K Dell Laptop (XPS model) - the colours are amazing when processing LRGB data - I've also used it on one-shot colour cameras. The reason for buying the 4K was to get high definition on screen, there is no visible grain.

Hope this helps

Regards

David

bwa

Re: 4k resolution monitors?
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 05:42:49 pm »
I am still awaiting delivery of my Atik Horizon, but am considering the purchase of a '4K' Ultra HD Monitor.  Has anybody hooked up an Atik Horizon by USB3 to an Intel NUC (or similar) computer that is capable of handling '4k' Ultra HD  graphics and then output the data to a '4K' monitor by HDMI?

Given the Horizon's huge 4644 x 3505 resolution might its large FOV not fit into a typical (1024 x 1080) laptop screen unless one is running everything in lower resolutions? So will it benefit from a 4K graphics card and 4K monitor?

Will Atik Infinity and Artemis software cope at full 16Megapixel resolution? Or is it a case of having to do everything at low resolution, and only apply higher resolutions for a narrow 'Region of Interest'? Or are you stuck at the selected resolution?

Any guidance appreciated (n.b. I have enquired with Atik Support).
I use Lenovo YOGA 900 & 910 laptops with the Infinity software and for image processing.  Both laptops have 4K display; very nice!

bwa