Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Infinity For Solar Imaging  (Read 6066 times)

brownrb1

Infinity For Solar Imaging
« on: February 04, 2018, 07:54:09 pm »
Hi, I have an Infinity monochrome camera that I really love. The software program is perfect for me for deep sky imaging. Lately I have been doing quite a bit of solar observing and imaging with a Coronado PST and am getting a SolarMax ll soon. Of coarse I can't do stacking of solar images with the Infinity software . I have tried SharpCap, but it doesn't recognize my Infinity camera-is there a driver that might work? I have also considered processing software, such as Hyperion Prism Light. Does anyone have an suggestions-I'm fairly new to this?
Thanks
Dick

bwa

Re: Infinity For Solar Imaging
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:20:07 am »
Hi, I have an Infinity monochrome camera that I really love. The software program is perfect for me for deep sky imaging. Lately I have been doing quite a bit of solar observing and imaging with a Coronado PST and am getting a SolarMax ll soon. Of coarse I can't do stacking of solar images with the Infinity software . I have tried SharpCap, but it doesn't recognize my Infinity camera-is there a driver that might work? I have also considered processing software, such as Hyperion Prism Light. Does anyone have an suggestions-I'm fairly new to this?
Thanks
Dick
I have used both the color and mono Infinity cameras for solar video capture using the latest version of SharpCap with no problems.  I've captured video off both a Lunt 60 solar scope for Ha imaging and a WO Megrez 90 using a Baader Herschel Wedge for white light imaging.  I normally use AutoStakkert 2 or 3 for preprocessing the video and do postprocessing in Lightroom and Photoshop.  Registax 6 also works quite well.

bwa