Atik Cameras

Author Topic: Having Trouble with Debayer in Dawn  (Read 4517 times)

jpops50

Having Trouble with Debayer in Dawn
« on: February 18, 2018, 04:05:37 am »
I just purchased an Atik Horizon One Shot Color camera and I am anxious to use it, however, the weather in my area is terrible and shows that I will not have clear skies for the next two weeks.  So to play with the camera I took some pictures of shrubs across the street through the telescope.  I then tried to practice processing with Atik Dawn to debayer the images.  When I load one image into the debayer workflow Input files folder it debayers the image.  However, when I load two or more images into the Input Files folder it will not debayer the images and I get an error message that startes with "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application."  This is my first time to use this software and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  Can anyone provide guidance or suggestions?

dpaul

Re: Having Trouble with Debayer in Dawn
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 01:46:17 am »
Hi

I have the Atik Horizon color camera and I use Pixinsight for all processing.  Make sure you debayer each individual frame before they are registered (star aligned) otherwise the debayer pattern will be corrupted.

Not sure if this helps?

David

jpops50

Re: Having Trouble with Debayer in Dawn
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:31 am »
Thanks dpaul, I have started using PixInsight and it is working.  I am disappointed that the Atik software program doesn't work and that no ATIK support personnel has replied to this issue about DAWN.